Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 2012 V6 and have noticed that when i get on it therer is a hesitation before it finally acts like it wants to take off is this common for stock V6? im planning on getting 373gears and am wondering do i need to change throttle body or will something else be better or cheaper to get a better thottle response?

thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
ive got a 2012 V6 and have noticed that when i get on it therer is a hesitation before it finally acts like it wants to take off is this common for stock V6? im planning on getting 373gears and am wondering do i need to change throttle body or will something else be better or cheaper to get a better thottle response?

thanks
Yes it is common to have that lag. A tune helped mine but it was not completely fixed until I got a BBK TB along with the tune. Some people think the "Pedal Max" works for them but I have not tried it. BTW those gears will change your Cyclone to a beast. It really is a 6 cylinder Coyote in disguise.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I think the throttle lag has been put in most cars made for the last several years. Old people hitting the gas instead of the brake, it gives a second or so for the person to adjust for their mistake. Just like the drivers side floor mats being locked in place. It's because of the old people...…..I'm old :(

A tune does remove most of the throttle lag :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yes it is common to have that lag. A tune helped mine but it was not completely fixed until I got a BBK TB along with the tune. Some people think the "Pedal Max" works for them but I have not tried it. BTW those gears will change your Cyclone to a beast. It really is a 6 cylinder Coyote in disguise.
I installed the Pedal Max a couple of years ago and it definitely kills the throttle lag. Along with the MPT tune I’ve been running for the last 5 years, the combo is a perfect fit for my 6.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Everything that has been mentioned are great ways to decrease the lag. Another way to help is to remove the fuse 47 from the fuse box under the hood for 15 mins then put it back in. There’s a relay that you can make that does that every time you turn the car off. If you don't do the relay then you have to pull the fuse every couple of weeks or so because it will get bad again.

Tune, Pedal Max, BBK or GT Throttle Body or pulling Fuse 47 are all great choices.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your imput it helps alot i had heard that since im changing gears i should also get another driveshaft is this the rule of thumb and if so any suggestions on brand or model?

thank you

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes, you need a driveshaft. I have a steel Dorman driveshaft for less than $400 and it works great. Axle Exchange Aluminum driveshafts are good but I think their around $700.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have put a 3.5inches dynotech aluminum drive shaft and the change is very noticeable For the "lag" of the accelerator, along with what the partners have told you, you can open the accelerator module and you can see 6 metal pins and 6 tracks. if you put the pins of the tracks closer, reduce this lag forever

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I have the Axle Exchange aluminum driveshaft (4 inch) and have never read anything bad about them. American Muscle sells them under the SR Performance name, I don't know why. The picture they show has Axle Exchange on them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for taking the time to answer my questions its alot of help so i choose the right parts for my stang most appreciated

1 - 11 of 11 Posts