Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the TOB ride against the fingers on the pressure plate at all times? I look through the clutch cable adjustment cover and the bearing is against the fingers.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
deadsp0t said:
It should be in the end of the shift fork, and move when the fork moves
It is but the face of the TOB is constantly in contact with the pressure plate fingers. Is this normal since its a cable type system?

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
I believe it sounds fine what you're saying...im sure your clutch is hydraulic but its probably very similar to mine (minus the slave cylinder) and the TOB sits in the clutch fork with alot of room to mess with so I dont see any prob if it touches the clutch forks as long as your clutch is adjusted properly...IMO im not a rocket scientist..

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
XXSTEVEO66 said:
I believe it sounds fine what you're saying...im sure your clutch is hydraulic but its probably very similar to mine (minus the slave cylinder) and the TOB sits in the clutch fork with alot of room to mess with so I dont see any prob if it touches the clutch forks as long as your clutch is adjusted properly...IMO im not a rocket scientist..
He has a 95 cobra so it's just like yours.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
No, it should not constantly contact the pressure plate fingers.
If it does then you will quickly wear out the bearing and/or fingers.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
No, it should not constantly contact the pressure plate fingers.
If it does then you will quickly wear out the bearing and/or fingers.
Zang....TH has spoken!...*bows to sensei* your right!...

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The pivot ball is at the top of the bellhousing and the clutch cable is on the bottom. So to keep tension on the cable it would have to keep contact on the fingers. So what am I to do.

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Your setup is the same as mine the pic TH showed is not of our setup just of whats goin on with the TOB...
Im not sure your exact problem,but the clutch fork will ”flop” around if the cable isn't connected..not exactly sure what it rests against but...man I might have to go take some pics..i dont have the dust cover over the fork so I may be able to get an inside pic..

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
The pivot ball is at the top of the bellhousing and the clutch cable is on the bottom. So to keep tension on the cable it would have to keep contact on the fingers. So what am I to do.
Here's the "cure".
See the Word doc attached.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How does that work? Just keeps tension on the fork pushing it back? Where does it install at? Sorry for all the noob questions but this is the first time I've ever worked on a transmission.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
How does that work? Just keeps tension on the fork pushing it back? Where does it install at? Sorry for all the noob questions but this is the first time I've ever worked on a transmission.
It goes between the clutch fork and the bellhousing cable guide.
It allows you to properly adjust your clutch so the TB does not ride on the forks by keeping the slack out of the cable.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts