Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure it is my throw out bearing because it chirps when the clutch is fully out and when I push it a little it doesn't always silence it, but definitely quiets it. I was wondering if it could last until tax return time and what sort of cost am I looking at.

·
Registered
779 Posts
9tee7pony said:
I'm pretty sure it is my throw out bearing because it chirps when the clutch is fully out and when I push it a little it doesn't always silence it, but definitely quiets it. I was wondering if it could last until tax return time and what sort of cost am I looking at.
400-600

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you have to take the trans out so its a GREAT time to swap in a new clutch and new pilot bearing as well etc etc. Get a heavy duty FORD brand throwout bearing to go back in

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SpectorV said:
you have to take the trans out so its a GREAT time to swap in a new clutch and new pilot bearing as well etc etc. Get a heavy duty FORD brand throwout bearing to go back in
I only buy better than factory parts.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
I only buy better than factory parts.
The Ford Racing TOB and pilot bearing really are the best of all the others out there. This is the same as the Ford heavy duty, etc. They are nicely priced too. It's up to what you want for the clutch replacement, but it really is a good time to install a new one while you have the tranny out. The stock replacement clutch for my Mach 1 was nearly $800!!! I bought an Exedy stage 1 clutch and am pretty happy with it. It feels similar to the stock clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts