Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have have a 98 ! just put no clutch pressure plate throw out bearing in . only has 150 miles on new clutch and the TOB is already making a noise does the hole clutch have to be taken back out or can I just take out the bearing and replace it

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
You're gonna have to pull the trans

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
yup, take it all the way out. Good time to replace the clutch and all those bearing etc and what not

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Slow2V said:
Just open the side door on the tranny.. you can take off the TOB with a 8mm socket
Wait what? Have you ever worked on a car before?

The tob is on the input shaft of the transmission. The only way to replace it is to pull the transmission out so you can slide the old one off and put the new one on

·
Registered
779 Posts
Lol It was a joke

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

lowflyn said:
Wait what? Have you ever worked on a car before?

The tob is on the input shaft of the transmission. The only way to replace it is to pull the transmission out so you can slide the old one off and put the new one on
Im a full blown technician at carmax buddy lol

·
Registered
681 Posts
Mustangnutz said:
I have have a 98 ! just put no clutch pressure plate throw out bearing in . only has 150 miles on new clutch and the TOB is already making a noise does the hole clutch have to be taken back out or can I just take out the bearing and replace it
Don't feel bad! I just installed stage 2 SPEC clutch. TOB is wack, happens. I adjust the growl out with Steeda quadrant. Still sucks some. Will wear it out some then change. I do drag though. Different world, and tough on drive train.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My clutch makes a little noise to a.m.p here n Phoenix,az it was the spring which is comin with 94-98 he said once it wares n more and has a but more tension it will go away

1 - 12 of 12 Posts