Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok you guys, after being burned badly by my stupidity and pypes, I'm going to go all out with my exhaust. Not just axle backs.

I want low n loud. Here is my thinking so far:

Magnaflow or borla touring, which is deeper and produces less rasp? I want a deep but not that crap silence from stock mufflers. Want them to roar bloody hell when I get on it.

Mid pipe: catted or cat less H pipe. I've sworn up and down on the X but I have my chance to do this right so I'm going deep. Which is better for torque? Cats, or no cats? *remember, low n loud*

Headers. Really want the shortys mainly for sound. But I love the cam tune which is a Long tube only thing. I like LT too. But the H won't work with it (not a direct bolt on). Don't care about my gains here. Just want the sound, hence shorty.

A good point was brought up too, at some point, I'm gonna need to boost this baby. So I'm going supercharger for that Shelby iconic whine. End of story on that.

So will this give me my tone? I know its a v6, don't knock me on that, I'm cutting the bs and getting to the point if you can't tell.

As far as the purchase date, June.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Ok you guys, after being burned badly by my stupidity and pypes, I'm going to go all out with my exhaust. Not just axle backs.

I want low n loud. Here is my thinking so far:

Magnaflow or borla touring, which is deeper and produces less rasp? I want a deep but not that crap silence from stock mufflers. Want them to roar bloody hell when I get on it.

Mid pipe: catted or cat less H pipe. I've sworn up and down on the X but I have my chance to do this right so I'm going deep. Which is better for torque? Cats, or no cats? *remember, low n loud*

Headers. Really want the shortys mainly for sound. But I love the cam tune which is a Long tube only thing. I like LT too. But the H won't work with it (not a direct bolt on). Don't care about my gains here. Just want the sound, hence shorty.

A good point was brought up too, at some point, I'm gonna need to boost this baby. So I'm going supercharger for that Shelby iconic whine. End of story on that.

So will this give me my tone? I know its a v6, don't knock me on that, I'm cutting the bs and getting to the point if you can't tell.

As far as the purchase date, June.
Borla AB
Lt headers
Custom H mid pipe off road
Procharger
Mmr forged internals
Smaller pulley
Water/meth kit

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I've never had experience with prochambers but have only heard good things. They're coming soon according to MAC's site. That paired with their shorty headers and my Magnaflow comps should sound pretty sweet. And probably close to the sound you want as well.

And I'll say I'm with you on the shorties white. Yes the gains are minimal if any but I've heard LT's and shorties on V6's and have never been a fan of LT's on a 6er. Shorties just sound better. A more smoother or deeper sound or something. Definitely a sound improvement over stock manifolds. Friend of mine has LT's on his 3.7 and I just don't like it. Too raspy and sounds like crap imo. To each their own though.

I haven't heard the shorties on our 3.7 yet though so I'll be waiting for someone to post up some vids. I'm sure someone will have them on by the time I get home next year.

Here's a link to MAC's prochamber. They have them for LT's too if anyone's interested. Has a description of what it is and does:
http://www.macperformance.com/MAC-F...-13-Pro-Chamber-to-MAC-Short-Tubes-PC2126.htm

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Pypes are basically straight pipes with resonated tips. I don't get why everyone ooohs and awwwes over them. Your exhaust shop could make you the same thing for $100.

·
Registered
620 Posts
All the info sounds great! But I suggest getting catted H-pipe or X. Pro chamber or not. Just make sure you have cats. I'm glad I did.

It's a low grumble when idling and take off is about the same. But when you hammer it. She screams!

I have BBK catted xpipe and magnaflow comps. Soon to get shorties.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pypes are basically straight pipes with resonated tips. I don't get why everyone ooohs and awwwes over them. Your exhaust shop could make you the same thing for $100.
I know right? I just liked the finish lol

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

And not as deep as I thought they would be

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

All the info sounds great! But I suggest getting catted H-pipe or X. Pro chamber or not. Just make sure you have cats. I'm glad I did.

It's a low grumble when idling and take off is about the same. But when you hammer it. She screams!

I have BBK catted xpipe and magnaflow comps. Soon to get shorties.
They don't make a catted H pipe yet. But what I thought was to buy an X pipe and get a shop to cut the X out then weld an H in.

·
Registered
470 Posts

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

They don't make a catted H pipe yet. But what I thought was to buy an X pipe and get a shop to cut the X out then weld an H in.
Just get a shop to custom h and weld hi flow cats in lol

·
Registered
3,688 Posts

before you buy anything, you have to hear mine.....
no more hippos in the back seat....

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
H will have more low end torque. Won't be noticeable though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts