Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a sound clip? Thinking about assembling my exhaust system and making it myself from Summit Racing Equipment. They have the mufflers from about thirty dollars.

So, how about that sound clip. 8)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Thrush are made by Dynomax and have been around. Actually Thrush are one of the first street performance mufflers around. They are good sounding though!!!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
No, you are supposed to replace them after the fiberglass burns out, but I think as long as you aren't waking the dead you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
In North Carolina, unless the law has changed, its not the specific muffler, its the noise level, they can write you a ticket with a stock exhaust system, its called "excessive noise", that is what they get you for, not your type of muffler or exhaust system, you can have anything you want, hehehe.

·
Registered
301 Posts
In NH, you're not allowed to have an exhaust that's louder than stock. The only time I've heard of it being enforced was when Portsmouth set up a day to bust people with loud exhaust; they caught mostly Harleys. :D It was announced the day before, and reported the day after in the news.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Heck, most Harleys around here run open straight pipes. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
bright red round end glass packs, its a brand name. I had them on my 64 1/2 Mustang back about 68, so they have been around a long time, lol :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
btw, thrush mufflers are another brand of glass packs, have been around even longer than cherry bombs.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I cannot say are the thrush mufflers we talking about cherry bomb style or like a typical turbo muffler like this. If we are talking about chery bomb style it will be loud. the only thing louder is open pipes with no muffler at all. If we are talking about a Thrush turbo muffler they will sound very good and at a nice price!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I remember they started out making glass packs, then later on started making what they called a "Hush Thrush" that must be the turbo style you are talking about.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
So depends which Thrush you get, glass packs don't sound so great on a v6, the turbo style sound very good!

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
why not get something you know sounds good? Mac? Dynomax? Borla?

I dunno I dont want cheap parts on my car. i want quality stuff :|

1 - 20 of 26 Posts