Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 94' Mustang i picked up with 145,000 kms on the clock
was thinkign of saving up to buy a supercharger for the 3.8 in it, but was wondering how easy it is to swap the 3.8 from the S/C into the stang. I know it has a beefier block and whatnot, but i was wondering if anyone could give me an opinion or some advice on this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
from what i have been told by other shops it shouldnt be to bad for your year....you just need to make sure that you get everything for it...pipes,intercooler,etc...and be sure that when you have it done that you take it to and have it tuned and a new chip burned...i may be wrong but that is what i was told when i was checking on it for mine...it was too much of a pain for mine though since i have a 99.......:)

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
i would suggest to just save up and get a normal one made for your year probably save you a lot of hassles.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Falcon said:
i would suggest to just save up and get a normal one made for your year probably save you a lot of hassles.
He is talking about swapping the super coupe engine from teh tbird into his stand.

not a supercharger

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
i think what he is talking about is dropping in the whole engine from a tbird, at least thats what i get from the post

·
Banned
1,170 Posts
the engine will drop right in, but youll need the harness, sensors, EEC, a good EVMT manual or 2, and a lot of time

you also gotta remember, the 89-97 Tbirds had a different engine compartment layout, so things will have to be shifted around, possibly wires cut/lengthened, and theres a good chance the IC piping would have to be custom made

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, i sorta knew the drill, and whole idea. i just know a few places where i can get a rebuilt s/c motor for under 500$. versus 3000$ canadian for the vortech s/c kit. so, in the cost ratio way of things, i might just save more money and end up with a stouter engine.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
ahh my bad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tbird232ci said:
if you have another car to drive, and a few buddies who are decent with these cars, go for it, but its not really worth it, 230hp versus a HO 5.0 225hp, and the aftermarket, id swap in a 5.0
No your talkin. I change my vote. Swap in a 5oh. Waaaaay more potential. :good:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts