Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our little pony has over 100k now and little by little small things are starting to wear out , stereo, electric seat motor, but this car has been fantastic. It is going to be hard to replace. What to go to next. The last V6 Mustang is the 18 and don't come like our 14PP. Not sure I want to go to the new V8's. 4 banger is not in the running. Maybe a new Edge or her sister.
What say all.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Find a low mileage model of the same car, or restore your car to like new.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looked at a few 2018's and thought about putting the upgrades in myself but I'm getting up there in years and things like that aren't as easy or as fun as it used to be. Could put a bunch of money in it like you said but this is a daily driver that needs to be very reliable. Still looking.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You might consider rolling car payment/upgrades (including installs) into the initial loan if you get a good price point on the car.

I could have and should have done that with mine, but I generally pay cash for everything.

Partly because of that, I’m only now starting to do serious performance upgrades.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I just now started getting my 2013 the way I want it, that and it is paid off so it will be awhile before it goes anywhere.

Reactions: crjackson2134

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's another thing, I, We really love the way we personalized little pony and it is so fun to drive. It really does everything really well. And looks so good doing it.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I would be a little bit afraid to get rid of my Mustang. On the S550 while reading about people with the new 2020 GT500 showing fender gaps and many, many other bad things, I'm rethinking the S550. It's on its 5th year and the GT500 should be better than what I've seen so far :(. The S550 shouldn't be having the bad build quality I have read about. This is just my opinion...…...

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
What is it about your 14PP that you like so much?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a tough thing to say Ish. This car is just so satisfying in so many aspects. It's fun to work on, to maintain, to drive, to look at, to ride in, one of the best cars we've ever owned. Really going to miss this one. We owned a 65 2+2 that was the same experience as this. Wish we could have them both. When you go back in time and think about your favorite cars you've owned, these two top our list.

·
Premium Member
6,834 Posts
If a New Edge then: Mach 1, 99/01 Cobra, or Bullitt would have my vote.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank's Recon, I think you know I meant Edge, Escape or similar AWD vehicle. It's hard to think that type of **** could be our next daily. That's why I'm asking, hoping someone will get my juices flowing instated of sorrow thinking about saying goodbye to our pony. Z06 wont hold our dog and groceries in the same trip!

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
Yeah, amongst other things, the Hertz Z06's are probably lacking in practicality.

Well, what about one of the Mach E Mustangs?
Might be the best of both worlds for you folks.
You have to at least go drive one while you are shopping.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Thank's Recon, I think you know I meant Edge, Escape or similar AWD vehicle. It's hard to think that type of **** could be our next daily. That's why I'm asking, hoping someone will get my juices flowing instated of sorrow thinking about saying goodbye to our pony. Z06 wont hold our dog and groceries in the same trip!
We bought a new 2014 Edge Limited back in 2014 with the 3.5 v6, My wife drives it the most. It's pretty nice. Check out the Edge ST, it has the 2.7 EcoBoost motor and is pretty fast. Just giving you something to check out ……..:)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been talking to CHP officers when I respond to VC calls, most seem to like the Edge with the V6. They are pretty loaded with all the electronics and gear COPs need and I don't hear many complaints.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
If you want to stay with an AWD Ford, I would throw in a recommendation for a lightly used Taurus SHO or Lincoln MKS.

My current daily is a 2014 Taurus SHO. I picked mine up for $14k, one owner 60k miles, it is comfortable (massaging seats ftw), comes fully loaded, surprisingly quick, fun to drive, built like a tank (police interceptor), I actually like the looks of it and so far it is the only newer (2005+) Ford I have owned that hasn't had issues (yet).

Gas mileage isn't great - I average 19.3 mpg but these eb 3.5's with a tune and a few other things are deceptively quick. According to my dragy, my SHO runs 0-60 in 4.36 seconds on the street and runs the 1/4 in 12.68 @ 109.87. This is just with a tune, plugs and 3 bar map sensor.

If you are shopping new Ford vehicles and since they stopped making cars besides the Mustang, I would recommend the Edge ST, if you want a car, the new Lincoln MKZ is nice.

·
Premium Member
6,834 Posts
Yeah, not going to lie; New Edge Mustang was the first thing that popped in my mind. I’m not going to be much help with your situation. I like the mustang and that’s about it, when it comes to modern fords.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, that's why this is being so tough. All the cars nowadays are so blasted UGLY. And they all look the same. No style at all.

·
Premium Member
6,834 Posts
Man, if I were in your shoes I’d say f*** it and keep the Mustang. You know the car, and it’s been good to you. Sure there are parts getting worn, it’s only natural on an aging car.
I’m the final owner of my truck, I have zero intent on getting rid of it. She might be 20 years old and have over 225k miles, but she’s a workhorse. I’m very gentle with the truck, and she’s my daily, but when things break, they’re fixed. Love the truck and I wouldn’t trade it for any other truck, newer or older.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,454 Posts
Man, if I were in your shoes I’d say f*** it and keep the Mustang. You know the car, and it’s been good to you. Sure there are parts getting worn, it’s only natural on an aging car.
I’m the final owner of my truck, I have zero intent on getting rid of it. She might be 20 years old and have over 225k miles, but she’s a workhorse. I’m very gentle with the truck, and she’s my daily, but when things break, they’re fixed. Love the truck and I wouldn’t trade it for any other truck, newer or older.

Pick your poison.
A good solid plan that I have been faithfully following for the last 30 years.
Unfortunately, I can see that it isn't going to be sustainable for the rest of my life. Doing the maintenance and repairs are becoming more difficult every year. And while most common parts are still available for a 30 year old Ford pickup, there are more and more parts that are difficult to find new, as time progresses.
I'll most likely never sell my old truck, but it isn't really viable as a reliable daily driven vehicle anymore. More like a hobby truck nowadays.
There just comes a time when it is more economical to have a fairly new, low mileage vehicle to depend on as a daily driver.... Mine happens to be 14 years old with extremely low mileage. Lol (Baby steps)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts