Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'd love to keep this car like you said, but unfortunately because of age and a health issue it's plain that I can not perform the upkeep and repairs as I once could. We like you two have an 85 F250 Lariat with a NA 6.9 diesel that I will run till I'm dead. Some parts are getting almost impossible to find for it but we'er not giving up now. Been a good old truck. The 14 pony would stay also but it just isn't practical, as in what was stated above.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well we did it! No more LittlePony. We now have a 2017 Ford Edge Sport AWD. This thing is loaded. Has the 2.7 twin turbo V6 ecoboost. Wheels it came with are 21" x10.5 wide. Nice looking Ford wheels. Car has every option available. We are going to have to go to school to learn how to use it all. On the way home from picking it up we had rain showers and I put the wipers on the lowest timed setting and as the windshield got more or less moisture the wipers compensated for this. Car is smarter than us. Handles like it is on tracks and the power is awesome. Put it in sport and the trans with it's paddle shifters is a blast. Everything I've read about this car is pretty good. Gunna miss the Mustang but this will help. As soon as I can figure out what happened to are picture download feature in our computer I'll share some pictures.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Was going to say something intelligent and realized I was posting on the wrong thread. Nuff Said.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Nice. It is hard to download a picture on this Forum, for some reason :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
oxfordwite, nice SUV, here they have stopped import it (european people wants diesel), pity that you have gotten rid of your mustang, but with the AWD, surely you take the curves with more security than with the mustang, that if you will not see more nice car it is 2011-2014 s197

I hope that the disease is solved soon

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I must say that we miss LittlePony. This Edge handles the curves well but not like our Pony. The engine in the Edge is very impressive. 315 horse, 350 torque. We put some new Tirger Paws on it. It had crap Perrelli something another's that were hard and rough. Still had descent tread left but we couldn't stand them. Very comfortable car. Very nice seats. Leather with some kind of insert in the middle heated and cooled. Both are power seats. Steering wheel is power adjustable in,out, up, down. Still getting used to it and still learning how to operate everything. With some Mods I think we'll get used to it and it's going to be a good car. So far it's not doing bad in the gas mileage. 21+ average in the mountains here. Dealer ship is going to fix the dings and scratches and get us 4 new wheels as these have been in the curb. Not sure how the previous owner did that as this thing will park it's self. Haven't tried out that feature yet. Not much need for parallel parking in the Sticks. Be keeping everyone up to date as we learn more.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I understand about the wheels. Our 2014 came with beautiful 20 inch chrome clad wheels. They were all 4 curbed. We decided the day we were to pay it off we would order new wheels and tires. We did :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts