Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance if this has been discussed in the past... I've got a 2012 3.7 convertible with stock 17" wheels. I'm buying Bullitt wheels "staggered" (18x8 & 18x10). I'm considering either BFGoodrich G-Force Competition II's (235/45R18) and (275/40R18) or Continental Extreme Contact DWS (235/45R18) and (295/35R18). I will be using an 1 1/2" rear wheel spacer with either set up. Any suggestions or opinions?

·
Registered
8,517 Posts
My only suggestion would be to hold off purchasing the wheel spacers, and see how you like the 10 inch wheel in the rear without them.

·
Registered
8,517 Posts
I'm sorry but I don't.
My only experience with Mustang tires has been trying to find the stickiest, fastest wearing, noisiest, most rough riding high performance summer tires in existence.... Pretty much the opposite of what most people would consider as being a nice tire for their needs.

Some of the other members will undoubtedly have good opinions about appropriate tire choices.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wheels & tires

On my 2012 3.7, I have 19x8 wheels w/255/40/19 and the rear has 19x10 wheels w/285/35/19 tires.

I have over 40000 miles on Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's on the rear, and they have at least another 10000 miles in them. Just got new Firehawks for the front.

Suggestion--I bought lifetime alignment from Firestone as the wide front tires are easily worn on the inside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Life time alignment is a good idea! How far out do your rear tires protrude from the fenders? Do you have rear wheel spacers?

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
I have to say that 1-1/2" spacers are just not in my thought process...why not buy the correct offset and forget about spacers?
With that said I run 14mm spacers on my Mini Clubman S with 18" wheels although 1-1/2"...not in my lifetime.
I had the OE 14 Shelby wheels on my 2014 TrakPak and ran 285/40/20's in the rear and my car was lowered with SportLines.
Like Straybullitt, I had F1's for the summer and for the winter...It stayed in the garage. Just my 2cents worth.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I Agree with Holding off on the Spacers until you see how they fit.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Agree with the others on the spacers. If you’re buying the wheels from a mustang site, the wheels should fit fine. If you’re buying “generic” brand wheels and aren’t familiar with backspace/offset then you want to do some research.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely a good point about holding off on the wheel spacers until I try the tires and wheels without. I'm now considering Michelin Pilot Sport 3+ A/S... I've read a lot of good reviews. Can't seem to find the Firehawks in the size I'm looking for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any feedback regarding BFGoodrich G-Force Competition II? I saw a good deal on it at 4WheelOnline. I'm considering it as my choice for a set of all-season tires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts