Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, what do you think? Time to change brake/clutch fluid? Looks cloudy. Also, brakes are squealing more frequently and are going to be changed out in several days. Is the cloudiness clutch or brake material? 33k miles on the fluid. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I flush mine once a year

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
582 Posts
Definitely change it. Good brake fluid is a clear-ish yellow. Not a bad time to do the separate clutch reservoir if you're so inclined.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
Where's the separate clutch reservoir? The only one I know of is the brake/clutch fluid reservoir.

There isn't one. That's what he is saying. Shelby makes one and that way your clutch fluid is separated from the brake fluid. This keeps one from heating up the other and in extreme conditions keeping you from missing shifts after you boil your brake fluid.

·
Registered
582 Posts
There isn't one. That's what he is saying. Shelby makes one and that way your clutch fluid is separated from the brake fluid. This keeps one from heating up the other and in extreme conditions keeping you from missing shifts after you boil your brake fluid.
Yes but the shelby one is overpriced. The GM GTO one works just as well for a fraction of the price

·
Registered
20 Posts
The cloudiness is from water and other contamination. It is normal. There is no physically possible way it is from brake or clutch material.

Most honest mechanics will tell you to flush a braking system every 2 years. Some brake fluids are rated for 5 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts