Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway I can change the timing on my blinker? I thought the light was going to die, but I think that I accidentally did something so now my right blinker blinks faster than normal. Anyone know how I can change this? It's been bugging me for QUITE a while.

·
Registered
567 Posts
you sure the blinker actually works?

If you have the bulb disconnected, it'll blink super fast inside the car, but obviously not at all outside. Check to make sure the bulb is actually lighting.

Other than that I don't think you could change it without getting into the wiring of it.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hrm alright, someone told me the timing might be off, but yes it is blinking outside tho.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Front and rear blinkers?

You got a hitch (I know)?

If that fails, then it might be the flasher itself. Do the turn signals and hazards blink at the same rate? If so, might be the flasher. I think th enewer Stangs use an electronic flasher instead of the old style thermal flasher and it uses one flasher for everything. The flasher is located in the passenger compartment fuse box.

Steve

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah they both WERE going very fast. Me and my dad checked it out and we figured out the problem. The rear right blinker was the problem, there's 3 lights in there and the middle one died. We went to Autozone and got it all figured out, put the new bulb in and sealed everything back up. Works perfectly :) FIXED! The only problem was trying to get the light off. It was kind of a ***** taking 5 screws off to remove the damn thing, we had to take the upholstery off by unscrewing 2 plugs to get to them. A lot of work to just replace a light bulb :-/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts