Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got my windows tinted and i tried tinting it on top of the dot matrix on the back windshield and it doesnt look to good. if this has happened to anyone else, what did you do to make it look better??

thank

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
cut the tinting about 1mm under the dots. it will blend nicely into the dots.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
if you wanna cover the dots...you're gonna have to put a vinyl strip over it or something. You can tint it but it will eventually fall off. I would carry it back to whoever tinted it and make them fix it. They should know better than to tint over the matrix

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
i had mine tinted by a place, and they just left the dot matrix alone. I'd rather have that than crappy tint on it, which ive seen on a lot of stangs.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
just take a razor blade and with a very steady hand, slice the tint film about 1mm (sorry, i am a scientist so i use metric system)--- 1/16" below the dot matrix. this will make the tint film stop just below the teflon coated dots

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Monkey said:
just take a razor blade and with a very steady hand, slice the tint film about 1mm (sorry, i am a scientist so i use metric system)--- 1/16" below the dot matrix. this will make the tint film stop just below the teflon coated dots
I'll remember that thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts