Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for everyone. I was wondering what everyone has done about the top 4 inches of their back window concerning tint. I was thinking maybe just getting a vinyl strip and putting it inside the back window to cover that huge space. I don't know about everyone else, but those 4 inches but the heck out of me. Just curious. If you don't know what I'm talking about then you obviously haven't tinted your windows.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
my back window is just tinted from top to bottom.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
When my windows were tinted they put a black strip in the back over those 4 inches..if you want pics I can take some..just let me know.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes you can get the strip for it, i didnt tint mine at all up there...THey just tinted from the dot matrix down to the bottom. I dont think it looks to bad to me. But i can see why yoiu would want it black. :D Get the strip if it bothers you. :headbang:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just making sure I wasn't the only person to notice this. I tint some on the side and learned real fast that tint doesn't stick to the dot matrix. Just curious what other people had done to theirs. I'll probably get a solid black vinyl strip to put over it. Thanks for your input. And yes Fast I know yours is tinted all the way. I was talking about 94+ mustangs.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
mines tinted over the dot matrix... it doesnt look bad cuz i pressed the tint on there really good when i got it back

Obviously you can tell, but its not horrible. Just put a black vinyl stip over it if youre worried

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
yeah its really not a huge thing that someone looks at and decides that your car is an ugly pile of dog crap

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i havent done anything...but it looks kinda bad, i need to get a black vinyl stripe for it...to cover it up nicely.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm gonna find a vinyl strip and put it inside the back window. I'll post pics when I get done sometime.

·
Registered
800 Posts
We did this same thing to my 98 and my wifes 03 Mach1 today, it really hides out that bit of light to capture the darkness you are looking for, but after you get it done it will take like 1 whole week of being in the sunlight to remove any excess water that may be in btwn the vinyl and your windshield, but what you may want to do during this time frame is get like a credit card or sumthing flat and try to go over it periodically to help with it sealling properly to help the seal of it and then it wont show the dot matrix when it finally finishes with the seal.

just a fyi!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts