Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I purchased my 2013 the dealer had tinted the windows, however living in Arizona where our summers get up to 116 I would like a darker tint (yes it is legal here because of the summers. Just can't do the windshield :) )

If I get it re-tinted do they have to remove the old tint first? (I would think so)
Does/can this hurt the car windows in anyway when they remove it, or having it done a second time?
(I dont know much about tinting expect I need it)

Lastly what have guys found is the relative price range for getting tinted?
(I know it will vary do to location. Just looking for a general price range. ie: what did it cost you to get tinted?)

·
Registered
440 Posts
here in louisville the price depends on who you go too. One of our bigger places is pro-tint and they'll do whatever tint you want (non legal ones paid in cash) and for a s197 it's upward of 175 dollars with a lifetime warranty, windshield strip, etc. Now on the other hand a small shop costs 119 for the whole package with a lifetime warranty.. I'd imagine it would be the same out there. Just call around and get some prices I'd say.

Also removing the old tint and putting new tint on won't hurt the windows at all unless you have some hack doing it!

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
No it won't damage the windows and yes they have to take off the old tint first. Are you planning on getting the whole car tinted or just the front ones? Price depends on we're you're at also, so call around and ask for quotes.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Tint has to be removed and it won't hurt the windows like the others have said. Anywhere from $100-200 seems about what people pay. I would not pay over $200 for a 2 door car and make sure they are using 3m tint or another reputable tint. I've had cheap tint put on before and it'll fade in no time plus it can scratch easy. 3m has always been very good on my cars.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Tint has to be removed and it won't hurt the windows like the others have said. Anywhere from $100-200 seems about what people pay. I would not pay over $200 for a 2 door car and make sure they are using 3m tint or another reputable tint. I've had cheap tint put on before and it'll fade in no time plus it can scratch easy. 3m has always been very good on my cars.
+1 on the 3m, used on my last couple of cars and held up great

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS!
That pricing RANGE is better then what I was thinking.

I want to do everything but the windshield.

Does darker the tint usually go into the price or is material usually material

·
Registered
48 Posts
Price honestly depends on where you live, the shop itself, and brand. Better tint cost more. I am really jealous of you guys though. Here in Northern Virginia a tint job will cost anywhere from 200-400. Its almost unheard of to have it done for anything less. Thats from the lower end shops too.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Do you have a Rear window defroster ????

Removing the tint from the back glass that has the wires for a defroster could be a problem. Removing the tint can also mess up those wires and the defroster will not function at all. Ask the person applying the tint if he can remove the stuff without messing up the defrosters wires.

Ronnie

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cost me $219 at a regional chain. 90 minutes to do it.
Armymedic take a trip up i270 or i81. $219 was the highest price I was quoted but the shop had the best reviews. I would not risk saving $ on going to a shop with poor reviews.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cost me $219 at a regional chain. 90 minutes to do it.
Armymedic take a trip up i270 or i81. $219 was the highest price I was quoted but the shop had the best reviews. I would not risk saving $ on going to a shop with poor reviews.
Yea I did I drove up to pa where I'm originally from and paid $130 cash.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts