Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with a S197 have scratches on their driver and passenger side window tint? I've read on a few threads and people said that it was because ford installed some cheap door liner and that's what scratches it. I have a lifetime warranty on my tint so is it worth getting new tint and having it get scratched again? I can post pictures upon req. Thanks!

·
Banned
610 Posts
Yess three days later I installed my tint I saw scratches ..

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

Yess three days later I installed my tint I saw scratches ..
If you get new tints same thing will happen

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah my 06 did this right after I installed it. I just rode with windows down. Never heard of any fix at least not from ford.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The fix I've heard of is to add a moleskin felt to the inside of the weather stripping.
Something like this - MoleSkin Felt

I haven't used the moleskin on mine, I just clean the weather stripping regularly before rolling down the window.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Anyone with a S197 have scratches on their driver and passenger side window tint? I've read on a few threads and people said that it was because ford installed some cheap door liner and that's what scratches it. I have a lifetime warranty on my tint so is it worth getting new tint and having it get scratched again? I can post pictures upon req. Thanks!
I have this problem as well

·
Registered
672 Posts
The fix I've heard of is to add a moleskin felt to the inside of the weather stripping.
Something like this - MoleSkin Felt

I haven't used the moleskin on mine, I just clean the weather stripping regularly before rolling down the window.
I have the same exact problem with the scratches but my brother is a huge believer in the moleskin. He's used it on his TL and CTS and now his CC that all have had the double seal which can easily scratch the tint. He said each of the forums he's been on have all suggested it. I'm going to get my side windows and windshield strip redone here in a few weeks and will be buying the moleskin

·
Registered
109 Posts
I might be a little late to this thread but Ford makes new weather strips that supposedly don't have the issue with scratching your tint. Part number LRS-21456E-PR

1 - 17 of 17 Posts