Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a terrible idea, but I need to tell someone. You guys know that material that they make eye glasses out of that turn dark in the sun light and turn into sunglasses? Couldn't we make head light tint out of that? Like they get dark in the day when you aren't using them and not at night when you are. Again, this could be terrible idea as I've never tinted headlights before, but it just came to me

2013 mustang v6 premium

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Sounds like a good idea in theory, but as pointed out, it would be too expensive most likely. I don't think it would change the lighting any.

And btw, it's called Transitions.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Pretty sure they have a tinting film available that does this.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
If they do, and it's not ridiculously expensive, I want it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I went from thinking this would be a terrible idea to thinking its a slightly less terrible idea. You guys rock.

2013 mustang v6 premium

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I saw a video of window tint that you could press a button and darken or lighten it. Its out there.
Probably Illegal but I WANT IT SO BAD.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Transitioning lenses is what you are looking for but that is Glass Technology I believe and not a Film material. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
869 Posts
If you turn the lights on will it cause the material to darken? Or does it have to do with UV light?

Sent from my #racecar

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well I am not 100% certain, this is just info from what I gathered from my eye doctor when I got my transitioning lenses.

He advised that it's mostly done by the UV Rays but certain bulbs can also cause the transition but it wont be as dark as when UV Rays hit it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts