Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up all,

im very interested in the taillight tint from american muscle but i have a few concerns. I live in NJ and i think that tinting lights is illegal (not too sure).
can anyone confirm this and also whether or not cops really care. The last thing is how dark the tint actually is. ive seen a few customer pics and the darkness is actually different in every pic just curious as to how dark they are in person.

thanks

·
Registered
744 Posts
I don't live in New Jersey nor do I know if its legal/illegal. But there is this thing called Google, it may just have your answer.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Hey only took me about 25 seconds to find your answer. It is illegal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looked it up all the answers were iffy and plus im just asking for your guys' experiences

·
Registered
223 Posts
BlackedStang said:
I don't live in New Jersey nor do I know if its legal/illegal. But there is this thing called Google, it may just have your answer.

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

Hey only took me about 25 seconds to find your answer. It is illegal.
Chill bro, he just asked for our opinions

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
looked it up all the answers were iffy and plus im just asking for your guys' experiences
I am chill, very chill. He asked whether or not tail light tint is illegal in NJ , how is that an opinion?
Yes you can find some answers on Google, he just wanted to see if any of us had any experience, that way he can ask us about it instead of trusting a sketchy google search... Most cops don't care too much though, and plus its just a fit-it ticket.

·
Registered
607 Posts
If you have a question about a local law you can call your local magistrates office. I just got the raxiom tails and I love them.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Tail light tint is one of those things that is "illegal" in most states, but cops are not going to waist there time pulling you over just for that. If your worried about it then keep with a method that would allow you to go back to your clear lenses (don't paint them). And if you look around online you will find some places that offer different darkness of tint for your lights, get something reasonable and you should be fine. And keep in mind that most things like tint warrant a "fix it" ticket... pull the tint off and the cop is happy

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Btw to those that plasti dip your tail lights I would advise not to. If you mess up and peel it off you'll still feel a residue on it. Took forever to fully get off

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
hey whats up all,

im very interested in the taillight tint from american muscle but i have a few concerns. I live in NJ and i think that tinting lights is illegal (not too sure).
can anyone confirm this and also whether or not cops really care. The last thing is how dark the tint actually is. ive seen a few customer pics and the darkness is actually different in every pic just curious as to how dark they are in person.

thanks
If you have a question about a local law you can call your local magistrates office. I just got the raxiom tails and I love them.

SixerStanger,

Tint on lights is just as illegal as window tint. They really don't bother you unless your doing something wrong and they want to try and tack on more tickets!

If your local neighborhood police are very strict about tint then you may get pulled over for it. We're in PA and I've had tinted tail lights for 5 years and never been pulled over for it. The awesome look the tinted lights gives you is worth the risk in my opinion!

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
AMDanBailer said:
SixerStanger,

Tint on lights is just as illegal as window tint. They really don't bother you unless your doing something wrong and they want to try and tack on more tickets!

If your local neighborhood police are very strict about tint then you may get pulled over for it. We're in PA and I've had tinted tail lights for 5 years and never been pulled over for it. The awesome look the tinted lights gives you is worth the risk in my opinion!

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

-Dan
+1 and GM used to put it on a lot of their Vehicles most notably, The Pontiac Grand Prix

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright thanks for the insight guys! ill most likely be picking up a set from AM in the next few weeks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts