Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about tinting my 2012 Mustang but wanted to get everyone's feed back on what a good percentage would be. Don't want it too dark but would 35% look decent on a race red color?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
35% is where the tint starts to get dark. 35% is still good enough to look blackish and let you see outside at night backing up.

My Malibu had 15% on it, and it was a pain to see out of, I had to roll the windows down sometimes. Both my Grand Prix and Mustang are 35% and I'm pretty happy with it.

35% on a bright day...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have 15% on race red. I personally like it keeps the car cooler in the summertime. And frankly, I don't like people being nosey. :) Backing up at night does not require me to roll the windows down, but I do it to be safe.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Check your local laws. Not worth the hassle of tickets to me for darker windows

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
If cops were strict around here there's no way I would have done 5% .. I love it and I have no complainants :) So if 35% is the legal limit and cops are strict in your area then go for it!

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Go darker than 35 trust me
I got 35% and sure wish I would of went darker.
If cops were strict around here there's no way I would have done 5% .. I love it and I have no complainants :) So if 35% is the legal limit and cops are strict in your area then go for it!
Unless the cops in your area are 100% duchebags go for 20%. That's what I have and its a great medium. If I was to do it over I would go 5% bc I have sensitive eyes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Sounds like I might go darker than 35%, maybe 20%, for looks and also to keep it somewhat cooler in the summertime. In response to Hmiller, I'm getting it done in TN where the max legal is 5%. However the thing about Ft. Campbell is we sit in both KY and TN. I don't know what the max legal in KY is so I don't wanna get screwed with by cops when I go over.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Sounds like I might go darker than 35%, maybe 20%, for looks and also to keep it somewhat cooler in the summertime. In response to Hmiller, I'm getting it done in TN where the max legal is 5%. However the thing about Ft. Campbell is we sit in both KY and TN. I don't know what the max legal in KY is so I don't wanna get screwed with by cops when I go over.
Are u 100% sure on that 5% law? I am almost certain that the law is 32% in most states.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
rotors said:
Tn is 35%. My work truck is registered in tn

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Are u 100% sure on that 5% law? I am almost certain that the law is 32% in most states.
In sc it's 27% on the sides and 20% on the back ... It varies from state to state ..

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

If you wanna be a rebel it's the chance you have to take lol... I am thankful cops don't really care around here

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Technically you can go as dark as you want on the back sides and rear. The front is what they care about. It's more for officer safety than yours.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Black on Black said:
Technically you can go as dark as you want on the back sides and rear. The front is what they care about. It's more for officer safety than yours.
Only in certain areas. Several states specify all windows.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ky 20 is legal on back but not sides I think. 20 is what I got on my car and been pulled over a few times and no issues on that

1 - 20 of 45 Posts