Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
use a small trolley jack to hold it up as you bolt things down...snug up all four corners before you tighten them...it'll make things easier...oh and buy a couple passenger side manifold gaskets because they are brittle...i went through 2 or 3 before i got one to seal right

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
use a small trolley jack to hold it up as you bolt things down...snug up all four corners before you tighten them...it'll make things easier...oh and buy a couple passenger side manifold gaskets because they are brittle...i went through 2 or 3 before i got one to seal right
Yea I was thinking of using the jack as a stand to hold it up. And what type of gaskets do you mean? I'm a newb at stuff like this, just give me a link or something so I can see a picture and I'll be good lol

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Taking off the stock exhaust is the hardest part.
Yea I heard about that, passenger side right?

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Soak it in PB blaster over night and use a butane torch to heat the bolt up and give it a good pop with swivels!!!!! That's how I did it. But it was the HARDEST mod I've done
Yea I was going to PB blast it, don't have a butane torch though.

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Ok that's what I thought it was, just wanted to make sure.

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh and one more question. Would you guys recommend putting the midpipe together then bolting it up, or putting the pieces up individually?

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Jack the car up as high as you can safely its easier with more room and you can put it together but don't tighten it just so it holds together that way you can make little adjustments if you need to

·
slow281
3,069 Posts
We have power tools, what's a swivel though? We might have one and I don't know what it is.
its an adapter the makes it so you don't have to be straight on with the bolt.. kinda like and elbow looking thing.. its got a brake in the middle usally the size of a reguar socket.. just gotta make sure its a good one tend to brake when you need them the most..:banghead: ..

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its an adapter the makes it so you don't have to be straight on with the bolt.. kinda like and elbow looking thing.. its got a brake in the middle usally the size of a reguar socket.. just gotta make sure its a good one tend to brake when you need them the most..:banghead: ..
I'll ask my dad if we have any

1 - 20 of 89 Posts