Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently noticed that my two front tires are at a certain angle. The top of each tire is slightly pointed inward. One person tells me I should take it to the shop to have everything adjusted on my front end and another person says its perfectly fine, and the car was built that way for cornering. Please help, very confused!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, sir. Stock suspension.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
If you wanna pay to have your alignment checked, you could do that. Are you seeing any wear on the inside tread of the tires? If not, then it's fine.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tires are fairly new, had them for only a few months, so if there is any wear, it is very minimal. I did however, notice some vibration in the steering wheel when braking at high speeds (70+) but there is no pull to the left or right while braking.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
some places check aligment for free~ just be there when they do and get a printout vs hearing them just tell you 'it needs it'

know the stock range of each area and ensure it does need it, if so get it done.

·
Registered
74 Posts
sounds like the wheel camber has been altered. Setting the camber either positive or negitive does change how the car corners, but when most of your driving isn't going around in circles it will wear your tires out faster.Race car mechanics do this to aid in more tire contact on the road in corners but they are not concerned how long the tires last. With the top of the tire leaning in just keep an eye on tire wear more promanant on the inside of the tire. If no great differance your are ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts