Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has heard riken tires when u I bought my mustang they were on it and im looking at getting some new tires and I was wondering if they r any good?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hears the best looking tires ive seen on a mustang to date! looks bada$$ on just about any mustang especially 05 plus models. they are street legal Hoosier pro street IMCA tires. I about hit the floor the first time I saw them on a mustang sitting out side the grocery store lol! Did some research and found them to also be serious bang for the buck aside from being super cool on an american muscle car. Getting a set myself as soon as mine are ready for changing.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
every brand and type can differ. I would contact discount tires direct and tirerack see what tires are in your budget and see how their reviews are. You can usually narrow down the tire selection to just a couple then find where the best deal is on them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I work at discount tire and I can tell you that rikens are one of the cheaper ones and usually when people come back due to bumpiness from impending tire failure, its usually 1 of 4 select, very cheap brands... riken being one of them. That said, if you need something just for the car to roll around on or your on a very tight budget, those are the tires to go. In my personal opinion only, I wouldnt use them for more then shop rollers... (tires to roll the car around while work is getting done to it)

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'm running rikens right now due to them being already on there, IMO they are okay but I wouldn't buy them on my car

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well good to kno I was just curious cause im just starting to look for tires and those r what came on the car when I bought it

·
Registered
20 Posts
The picture of your mustang cobra, I was wondering if the rims were 18 inch rims? My stock 03 mustang gt, I think sits on 17's and i am trying to eliminate the gap between the tread and the body without lowering springs and without oversized rims as well.

Any suggestions, I'd appericiate it thanks.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well good to kno I was just curious cause im just starting to look for tires and those r what came on the car when I bought it
I know michelin can be expensive but I would reccomend michelin pilot sport plus a/s... They are awesome tires, last for a good while and if you need them to grip up, they do it with a decent job. Oh and they are QUIET... (maybe because I cant hear them over the flowmasters...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts