Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so tonite i went to a new year's party at a friend's house. she lives off a dirt road and her driveway kinda sucks. anyways, before when i had the camry i would go through the neighborhood fine with the POS tires i had on it.

tonite going out there i was in the mustang, which has the original set of goodyear eagle's from '99 with 47k miles on them. the car was sliding all over the place in the dirt and i even got caught in some of the 'deeper' holes around her house that other people there didn't.

point is, needing new tires and looking at several types. size is 205/65-15 and i was looking at the following:

- Bridgestone Potenza G009 $62/each, 460 tread life
- Kumho ECSTA KH11, $47/each, 320 tread life
- Yokohama Avid H4S $62/each, 500 tread life

All have about the same handling ratings but all have different tread life.

also if anyone has any suggestions for tires that'd be nice.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
tedness said:
Ok so tonite i went to a new year's party at a friend's house. she lives off a dirt road and her driveway kinda sucks. anyways, before when i had the camry i would go through the neighborhood fine with the POS tires i had on it.

tonite going out there i was in the mustang, which has the original set of goodyear eagle's from '99 with 47k miles on them. the car was sliding all over the place in the dirt and i even got caught in some of the 'deeper' holes around her house that other people there didn't.

point is, needing new tires and looking at several types. size is 205/65-15 and i was looking at the following:

- Bridgestone Potenza G009 $62/each, 460 tread life
- Kumho ECSTA KH11, $47/each, 320 tread life
- Yokohama Avid H4S $62/each, 500 tread life

All have about the same handling ratings but all have different tread life.

also if anyone has any suggestions for tires that'd be nice.
yokahoma has a longer tread life so :thumbs2:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
What kind of driving do you do...mostly highway, etc...are you looking for a good performance tire....or are you just looking for new rubber period??

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
01mineralgrey6 said:
What kind of driving do you do...mostly highway, etc...are you looking for a good performance tire....or are you just looking for new rubber period??
i do mostly city driving but also do weekend low budget backwater ghetto drag.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
tedness said:
i do mostly city driving but also do weekend low budget backwater ghetto drag.
There all pretty decent, the bridgestones, and yokos are all seasons, while the kuhmo is a summer tire (i.e. no snow) so i don't think any are a bad choice for your needs

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
since you have 15s... and no matter what tire you get your traction will SUCK (unless you get some sort of slicks....) just go wtih a decent tire for a cheap price.... my 17 inch tires aer 129 each... dotn pay a ton for tires that are not going to help you any, just get a long life tire (if you plan to run em for the life of the tire) or put that money towards a set of gt rims/tires which you woudl be AMAZED how close you can come to getting a set of rims/tires.... check ebay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts