Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need new front tires soon, my car came stock with the pirelli's 255/40/19 .. i recently got rear tires put on but i got the falken 275/40...

with that being said, i wanted to move the 275's to the front and buy whatever i want for the back (that will fit my rims) ... but i was told the 275's wont fit ... someone help me with this

·
Registered
1 Posts
275 will fit... I had Falken PT722 (275/40/19) on all four corners with RTR wheels until last week. My car is lowered as well with Steeda sports. There was a slight rub when I would make a tight u-turn but otherwise I never rubbed.

I got new wheels last week and now I'm running Hankook Ventus V12 tires.. 255/40/19 in front and 285/35/19 in rear. Its a daily driver and I have to say the Hankooks are so much better. I definitely recommend them.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
I've had very good performance and wear with the Pirelli's. I currently have 38K on them, and the wear indicator is still below the tread groove. I'm estimating I can go another 10K on them.
I have been religious in rotating them every ten thousand, and I check the air pressure every weekend when it gets it's bath.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
275 will fit... I had Falken PT722 (275/40/19) on all four corners with RTR wheels until last week. My car is lowered as well with Steeda sports. There was a slight rub when I would make a tight u-turn but otherwise I never rubbed.

I got new wheels last week and now I'm running Hankook Ventus V12 tires.. 255/40/19 in front and 285/35/19 in rear. Its a daily driver and I have to say the Hankooks are so much better. I definitely recommend them.
so if I move my 275 to the front it shouldn't be a problem?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

and what size are your wheels? 19x8.5 still? how did you fit 285/35

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
I would not put the 275's up front. I have 275's in the rear and I wouldn't go bigger than that on these rims. The 275's will handle worse if you mount them up front.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I've had very good performance and wear with the Pirelli's. I currently have 38K on them, and the wear indicator is still below the tread groove. I'm estimating I can go another 10K on them.
I have been religious in rotating them every ten thousand, and I check the air pressure every weekend when it gets it's bath.
Thanks for the Info Bucko, this backs up my assumption I could get 45-48K out of the P-Nero summer tires. My dealer said I should be on a 5K rotation and they did the first one at the 3.5K first oil change and said 5K after that each time.

After breakin' I wanted the shavings out of the motor least at 3K but due to work issues had to wait 500 miles more.

Art

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i dont want to buy some high performance tires and put them on the front when i should have the high performance once on the back, being it's RWD... and i dont want to buy some normal tires, if im going to buy tires, im gona buy the best ones i can get for my size wheels

·
Registered
148 Posts
you also dont really want to mix & match tires. if you can find a mixed set that has around equal performance capabilities, etc (similar treadwear # doesnt meant anything), then thats ok...but if not and you have ok tires up front and great tires out back or vice versa...things could get real hairy when you get in a spot.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a lot of tire knowledge (worked for Discount Tire Corporate for years), but I dont know anything about either of those tires. my only hoosier experience is with their drag slicks and road race tires. And never a general tire. Is there an issue with you getting the matching pair of Falkens?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i dont see falkens on AM and i get the 6% discount so i would like to save money lol
but, if i have the falken 275/40 on the rear and put one of the ones i just posted on the front, i shoud be okay right? ... i know mickey thompson is a very good performance brand, and the g-max looks like it would definitely be a good tire

1 - 15 of 15 Posts