Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the goodyear f1 supercar tire on a 19in wheel or on any wheel. want to know how you like it? or if you have another tire that is really good let me know so i can check it out before buying the goodyear tires because my rtr wheels arrived today and im ready to buy a really good tire and get them on.?

·
Registered
289 Posts
does anyone have the goodyear f1 supercar tire on a 19in wheel or on any wheel. want to know how you like it? or if you have another tire that is really good let me know so i can check it out before buying the goodyear tires because my rtr wheels arrived today and im ready to buy a really good tire and get them on.?
I have same wheels go with Nitto555

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have same wheels go with Nitto555
i was thinking the nitto. but the ford gt and corvette both come stock with the goodyear f1 supercar tire so it must be good. and how do you like the rtr wheels? they look so much more badass in person.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I wanted to get them with 315's in the rear on 19's but it's like $700 a tire!!!! Not sure if I can do that. Not right now anyway

·
Registered
289 Posts
i was thinking the nitto. but the ford gt and corvette both come stock with the goodyear f1 supercar tire so it must be good. and how do you like the rtr wheels? they look so much more badass in person.
I love the wheels i have to say is be careful of curbs i scratched mine :( and i painted mine black check out reviews most people go with falcons or nitto tho

·
Registered
598 Posts
Just because a tire is an OEM-used model doesn't necessarily make it a great tire. The new Toyobaru apparently uses the same tire as the Prius. Really?

While my Pirellis are still new, and are pretty good, they fall at the bottom of the heap in all the tire tests I've seen recently. The better options (according to the tests--TireRack, GRM, C&D for example) are Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Bridgestone S-04 Pole Positions, Continental ExtremeContact DW. The Nittos mentioned are popular. Also the new BFG g-Force Sport Comp 2 look promising.

I haven't been a big fan of Goodyear for a while. High price & low performance compared to the competition from what I have seen.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
claudermilk said:
Just because a tire is an OEM-used model doesn't necessarily make it a great tire. The new Toyobaru apparently uses the same tire as the Prius. Really?

While my Pirellis are still new, and are pretty good, they fall at the bottom of the heap in all the tire tests I've seen recently. The better options (according to the tests--TireRack, GRM, C&D for example) are Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Bridgestone S-04 Pole Positions, Continental ExtremeContact DW. The Nittos mentioned are popular. Also the new BFG g-Force Sport Comp 2 look promising.

I haven't been a big fan of Goodyear for a while. High price & low performance compared to the competition from what I have seen.
Tried BRIDGESTONE pole positions. Traction was ok... But the rears were gone literally in 3 months. I only drive 8k a year. No track time on those. Yes spirited driving in town but....

I currently have Pilot Super Sports in the rear. Love em. Uber Sticky. Holding up better than PP (mid February to date + a drag strip day) still good.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah only problem with the Bridgestone(31 lb) is they weight 5 more lbs per tire than the Goodyear(26 lb)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
claudermilk said:

Thanks and yeah the Michelin super sport better be rated the best they are about 375 a tire for 19in wheels

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
layton said:
Yeah only problem with the Bridgestone(31 lb) is they weight 5 more lbs per tire than the Goodyear(26 lb)
Good point. My PSS were also about 5bs lighter than the Bridgestones too. Too bad I bought heavy 20" wheels (looked better IMO)! Ha.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nhcowboy said:
Good point. My PSS were also about 5bs lighter than the Bridgestones too. Too bad I bought heavy 20" wheels (looked better IMO)! Ha.
Yeah I got the 19x9.5 rtr wheels they only weigh 27.8lbs each the 20in Shelby cs1 wheels I was looking at weighed 38lbs each for 20x9. But I got my wheels today I went with the Goodyear I've always liked them the f1 supercar 255/40r19 is what I got and I love them the get perfect traction and Handle extremely good turning and corners

1 - 13 of 13 Posts