Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I need some help with tires!

I want to put 18" bullitt rims on my 02 GT I have 17s on right now. But I want to put 315s on the rear. I want to know if that is possible? Will it sit flush?

Is there a big difference between 17s with 315s on the back or 18s with 285s. I know it would e cheaper to just keep the 17x9 on the front and go with 17x10 on the rear is that a more logical choice?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll need at least a 10.5" wheel to fit 315s. Yes, there's a huge difference between 285 and 315.
Yeah I was going to put 17x10s or 18x10s in the back. I want 18s because I think appearance wise they look better more flush but Im thinking its going to be really expensive buying 4 new rims and 4 new tires.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

If u want 315's go 17 for safety 315's work on an 18' wheel but its really pushing it and the difference between 285 and 315 is a pretty big difference in width
The more I look at prices it's looking like I'm just going to buy 17x10 and go 315. Any recommendations for the front?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's the package I wanted to buy. I have 17x9s on the front and back I believe. Is there a way to check if I have 10.5 on the back? Sorry if that's a stupid question I've never really cared about tires in the past this is my first time actually buying tires not just telling a guy "put the cheapest ones on" and Handing over money.

·
Registered
522 Posts
If u haven't done so already lol

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

That's the package I wanted to buy. I have 17x9s on the front and back I believe. Is there a way to check if I have 10.5 on the back? Sorry if that's a stupid question I've never really cared about tires in the past this is my first time actually buying tires not just telling a guy "put the cheapest ones on" and Handing over money.
It states in the title they are 10.5's your good

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If the rears are above 275 then they are 10's
They are 255 I believe. I needed to buy new rims anyway two of them have really bad curb rash from the previous owner so I guess it needed to be done anyway. Ill just rotate the curb rashes one onto Craigslist. I've also read on here that these anthracites have a slight discoloration from the factory rims. Anyone know if that's true?

·
Registered
522 Posts
They are 255 I believe. I needed to buy new rims anyway two of them have really bad curb rash from the previous owner so I guess it needed to be done anyway. Ill just rotate the curb rashes one onto Craigslist. I've also read on here that these anthracites have a slight discoloration from the factory rims. Anyone know if that's true?
Idk if 255's go on a 9' tire hoestly I don't know sounds like a 8' tire... stock is 245's so I think u have 8' wheels all around

1 - 20 of 26 Posts