Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so gettin the oil changed today and they tech calls me back to look at my tires. (Pirellis) The car has a little over 16,000 miles on her. The back tires are crazy worn. I do spin a little from time to time but by no means enough to justify the amount of wear on them. How many miles are u guys gettin outta these tires?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Ok so gettin the oil changed today and they tech calls me back to look at my tires. (Pirellis) The car has a little over 16,000 miles on her. The back tires are crazy worn. I do spin a little from time to time but by no means enough to justify the amount of wear on them. How many miles are u guys gettin outta these tires?
Stock Pzeros are garbage I'm surprised u got that many mes out of them

·
Registered
92 Posts
Right above 20k miles with my PZeros... due for change. Not garbage, in terms of overall handling/performance, but they wear pretty fast.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
5k (stock pzero's to Bridgestones re960) (

12k (rears to Pilot Super Sports)

18k (Pilot Sport A/S)

Rear's were getting bald at each change except first... Bullet blew front tire and damaged stock rim.. (Long story... Check my album for details). Forced my hand on new set of wheels/tires...

Yes... I have a throttle control problem and I'm seeking counseling.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just replaced my OE P Zeros at 38,000 mostly highway miles. I went with the Bridgestone Potenzas since i didn't care for the way the PZero's were wearing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yes... I have a throttle control problem and I'm seeking counseling.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha!!! Counseling won't help!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess i just dont get it. Even my wife gets on to me about how much i baby the car. Maybe shes been "borrowing" it while i sleep and burnin them down.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'm running stock tires from 05 with 56,xxx miles on them. I'd say they are at -600%

·
Registered
4 Posts
7k miles

I went to get oil changed yesterday and service said rears down to 4-6/32 :(. This seems extremely high wear. My GT is an automatic and the car will chirp tires when hitting 2nd gear but it never spins out. Very impressed with stickiness and launch but still can't believe rears need replacing this soon. Will be in search of harder compound tire next go around. Guess the TX heat is melting my tires :confused:

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
livinez said:
I went to get oil changed yesterday and service said rears down to 4-6/32 :(. This seems extremely high wear. My GT is an automatic and the car will chirp tires when hitting 2nd gear but it never spins out. Very impressed with stickiness and launch but still can't believe rears need replacing this soon. Will be in search of harder compound tire next go around. Guess the TX heat is melting my tires :confused:
If you expect over 40k miles out of performance tires you are crazy...

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
What's the treadware number on your tires? All tires last for different amounts of times.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts