Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying some AMR 19x10 wheels for my 5.0. How wide tires can i put on it? Want to do at least 285 but want to do wider if i can...

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
RuSSiaNStuDD said:
Buying some AMR 19x10 wheels for my 5.0. How wide tires can i put on it? Want to do at least 285 but want to do wider if i can...
I have 325s on my 10.5" wheels with room to spare. You could probably fit 325s

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, that's crazy but would be awesome...if I go to a tire store, would they help me out and let me try something wide like that on? I don't want to just but 325s and have them be too big

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
RuSSiaNStuDD said:
Damn, that's crazy but would be awesome...if I go to a tire store, would they help me out and let me try something wide like that on? I don't want to just but 325s and have them be too big
I'm sure you could look at what 325 wide is like at a store, some might let u see it on the wheel, all depends on customer service.
Here's my 325s

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And what's a good website to look for wheels besides American muscle? The best deal for 19s I found was 19x10 for about $180. I don't think it's wide enough but wider wheels are was more expensive

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
xhgwx said:
I'm sure you could look at what 325 wide is like at a store, some might let u see it on the wheel, all depends on customer service.
Here's my 325s
Looks bad ass bro, I would love to have mine that wide, plus I have a 2012 mustang. Idk if that makes a difference

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discount tire is good for tires, u can get nittos on there for cheap.
145 instead of 200 like on AM.
And EBay
Craigslist
Late model restoration
AM
The actual place that makes the wheel
Not sure of a lot else, sure there is a lot, just google search.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I run a 18x10 with 305's in the rear no problem, I also have an extra set of pirellis 315's after my 305's wear out

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
RuSSiaNStuDD said:
Looks bad ass bro, I would love to have mine that wide, plus I have a 2012 mustang. Idk if that makes a difference
The 2010-Current body style can handle up to a 20" wheel and look slick. I love fat tires and I think personally the current body lowered with fat tires looks sick, any stang with fat tires looks sick.
The AMR Charcoal are personally my favorite wheels on the current body.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

I'd say run 275s up front and 305-325 out back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So there's a possibility I can fit 325s on a 10"...that great

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Does anybody know any deals on wider than 10" wheels for a mustang?

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
On a 10 inch rim, I wouldn't personally do a 325. It doesn't fit the rim properly, and the side wall will spill over the rim which I personally hate. It'll work if you like that balloon look though, but if you don't, I would do a 295 or 305. I'm tempted to try a 315, because they look great on 11 inch rims, but I'm not sure how they would look on 10's.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
On a 10 inch rim, I wouldn't personally do a 325. It doesn't fit the rim properly, and the side wall will spill over the rim which I personally hate. It'll work if you like that balloon look though, but if you don't, I would do a 295 or 305. I'm tempted to try a 315, because they look great on 11 inch rims, but I'm not sure how they would look on 10's.
Agreed. I run 305/40/18 on my 18x10s and you wouldn't want to go much wider. The amount of sidewall has an effect on how it will mount as well.

Honestly, I wouldn't focus so much on the size. Pick a tire that fits your performance, mileage, and weather needs, then see what sizes are available and what size wheel the manufacturer recommends.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Agreed. I run 305/40/18 on my 18x10s and you wouldn't want to go much wider. The amount of sidewall has an effect on how it will mount as well.

Honestly, I wouldn't focus so much on the size. Pick a tire that fits your performance, mileage, and weather needs, then see what sizes are available and what size wheel the manufacturer recommends.
Agree same set up here

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Napoleon85 said:

Well said, wider isn't always better, unless the only thing you're looking for is traction. But that also comes down to manufacturer, tread design and the compounds it is made of.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I would also like to say that there are 3 thread right now about tire and wheel sizes that have been posted on within the last 12 hrs lol

·
Registered
698 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
Well said, wider isn't always better, unless the only thing you're looking for is traction. But that also comes down to manufacturer, tread design and the compounds it is made of.

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

I would also like to say that there are 3 thread right now about tire and wheel sizes that have been posted on within the last 12 hrs lol
Probably the challenge is a good understanding of what offset is needed on a wheel per the width to not rub. If someone has a calculation for this or explanation it could probably eliminate a lot of questions on max width.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts