Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Doe_Rae_mi said:
Is the front tires of a stock mustang gt supposed to stick out more than the back tires??
No not at all! They might be 245 in front, mine are 245 front and back 275 but I'm going with 305 in the back soon and 275 up front

·
Registered
903 Posts
no

but if you have aftermarket wheels someone might have been an idiot and rotated the tires when they were staggered fitment.

Staggered fitment is when you have wider wheels and tires in the back, vs the front.

easiest way to tell is go out to the car and write down the tire sizes on the front and rear.

should be a set of numbers like this 245/45/17 is an example.

write them down and tell us what you have on the front and rear.

another way to look at it is ford knows that most mustang owners go to a staggered fit, so when you look at my model years for example (99-04) our rear tires stock, appear to sit inward more than the fronts, when there is just more room.

so go write your sizes down and bring them to us.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Is the front tires of a stock mustang gt supposed to stick out more than the back tires??
sadly yes stock they do...the backs have so much space for wide tires the stock 245's on the oem 17x8 wheels really look sunken in. you can fix that with some nice wider wheels...or in the meantime help it out a bit by swapping the back tires for 275/40/17s on your oem wheels.

·
Registered
177 Posts
sadly yes stock they do...the backs have so much space for wide tires the stock 245's on the oem 17x8 wheels really look sunken in. you can fix that with some nice wider wheels...or in the meantime help it out a bit by swapping the back tires for 275/40/17s on your oem wheels.
you can fit a 275 on a stock 8" bullitt wheel?!

·
Registered
721 Posts
you can fit a 275 on a stock 8" bullitt wheel?!
yes, i had this setup for a while, then i got new rims i liked better that were the same size with 275's all around. i like this settup, it looks good and since the tires stick out slightly further than the rims, it acts as protection from curb rash.
275 is almost equal to 11". the actuall total width of an 8" rim is 10" (because it is measured on the inside) so the tire only sticks out less than 1/2" on each side

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my rims nor tires are stock. I have 17" fr500 and I cannot remember how wide my back tires are. It just looks like the front tires stick out sooooo much more than the back. Idk if the guy I bought it from had wheel spacers or not

·
Registered
721 Posts
its possible, you could put spacers in again if it bothers you that much. (most people dont notice) i dont really know if extended lug bolts are stock but if you have those then the spacers are pretty cheap. its usually not recomended to use spacers because of the posibility of things shifting around but i think you would be fine if you torqued the lug nuts nice and tight.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
With factory or most 9" wheels on the rear a 1" or 25mm spacer works perfect. Safest way to run one of these is a bolt on spacer. Spend the money for a quality set the first time

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
primer2tone said:
It doesn't look that bad but a 1 inch spacer would do the trick.

Here's a link to give you an idea what their worth.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=330795670746&globalID=EBAY-US
So wen I put the spacers on I never have to worry about the spacers again? Like i don't have to adjust or fix sumthing for some amount of miles?

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

irishn8 said:
Wow those tail lights are BA-LACK! Like ur rims!
Haha thanks man but sadly I had to take the tint off :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts