Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I buying some new rims and tires ....would I have to get the air Val swap over so my on board computer can read them...if they run low?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I buying some new rims and tires ....would I have to get the air Val swap over so my on board computer can read them...if they run low?
If your car has TPMS then yes, you have to install the sensors on your new wheels or your tire pressure light with stay on solid. You will probably have to buy new sensor bands to fit the wheels you have. Hopefully you bought wheels that are compatible with the sensor and band combo that your vehicle is equipped with.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if the rims have sensors in them already you can get them reprogrammed possibly

·
Registered
186 Posts
There 18s and came off 06
What year is the vehicle you are putting them on and does it have sensors? If so, you have to swap them over. I don't think 06 came with sensors so you will have to buy 18 inch wheel bands for the sensors and swap them from your old wheels. If you are wondering if you can reuse the OE bands the answer is no, you will never get them on snug enough, I tried. You can buy bands from Napa or any other national part store for around $40 each, stay away from the dealer they charge like $80 each.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well damit then.... Lol

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

steeda ultra light wheels for a 2005-2013 ANC there are 18s.....I just have not lower my car 1st I don't like the high heel look

1 - 6 of 6 Posts