Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know tires and opinions about tires run the gamut. I was wondering if there are any decent places out there other than TireRack to get tires. If you know of any cheap places, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
I have used discount tire exclusively for about 10 years now. They price match and owning 5 vehicles, having free tire rotations saves me a lot of work.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discount Tire. Buy their warrantee. Trust me it's worth it. Just got two new $300 a piece tires for $98 bucks total.

Car extended warrantees are stupid but this is worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
75 Posts
Free Tire Rotation at Discount Tires? In my 18+ years of buying tires at Discount Tires they normally add in a cost for the tire rotation and balancing so in reality it is not actually free unless you are able to get them to waive such cost. I have had mostly great experiences with them accept I would make sure you ask for a very experienced installer when buying new tires to be installed on your rims/wheels. I had one experience where a Discount Tire shop severely scored all 4 wheels putting on new tires. On the bright side they did replace all 4 with newer after market wheels. They definitely will price match which is a plus.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I personally prefer to rotate my own tires. That way I know they get rotated properly. Also it's typically a time saver.

I do like Costco for price on their Michelin tires. And the small install cost includes everything, including road hazard warranty.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discount tire ships free and has best prices around

·
Banned
2,140 Posts
I personally prefer to rotate my own tires. That way I know they get rotated properly. Also it's typically a time saver.

I do like Costco for price on their Michelin tires. And the small install cost includes everything, including road hazard warranty.
I've never saved any time rotating my own tires. Lol

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I've never saved any time rotating my own tires. Lol
My experience has been that a drive to the establishment and the wait is always longer than the time it takes me to rotate my own tires with the help of impact wrench.
Plus you know they get rotated properly and torqued properly when you do them yourself.
I know that's not for everyone. Like some prefer to do their own oil change, while I prefer to get it done at the dealers.
Just saying.:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've bought numerous sets from discounttiredirect.com, by far best deal most of the time. Especially if you can find some with a rebate, and they also offer a rebate on the same set. If you wait unit you can double dip the rebate you can get a steal. Free shipping to your house as well. I've probably ordered 8 or 9 sets from them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
With every other car I've had, I used discount tire. I was going to use discount tire with my first tire change on the mustang, but they didn't have the bfgoodrich G-forces that I wanted in stock, so I used a place called just tires. I had used them once before when I blew a tire and a spare on my monte carlo and had to get towed. They were the closest place so I used them. I had torn apart my front left CV axle when the spare blew (side note: always check the condition of the spare when you buy a used car. Found out the hard way) and they offered to fix that as well at a reasonable price. Anyways, I went to them with the mustang because they had the G-forces in the right size in stock. Since this was my first tire change with this car I don't know what the general cost is, but I got all 4 tires, balanced, aligned, state inspected, and the old tires disposed of for $1,100. A set of 4 off tirerack.com is a hair over $800, so I don't suppose $300 more for everything else plus tax is too terrible.

The only thing bad thing I can say about them, is it took a little bit of convincing to get them to do the inspection. They didn't think the tint was going to pass, based off just looking at it, but I assured them it was at exactly the state limit.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Sounds like you already chose where to get tires. I always check online before purchasing something to see what the actual cost is. You can also get a detailed list of what they charged you for and compare it to discount tire ie: labor cost, balance, valve stem, and disposal fees. Discount tire has always gone out of their way to match or beat a competitor's price for me and have waived some of their costs. I only use discount for tires since they work so well for me. The only time I won't is if I decide to go with the firehawk indy tires offered by Firestone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts