Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and dad were at the local Goodyear getting the tire fixed on my sister's Sunfire and we started talking about tires for the rims I want. They are gonna be the 17x9 Dark Argent Gray 10th Anniversary Cobras. The tire size has been beaten in to me to be 275/40/17.

So what type of tire should I be looking at? Trying to stay with an all-season tire. Good traction in the rain. My dad knows Mustangs don't do good in the snow. i'm also looking to get around 40,000 miles on them.

So what brand of tire should I be looking at? I'd love to have Pirelli PNeros, but I won't have the much money to spend on tires.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
lol you live in Nashville, the one time it snows during the year the city shuts down so you wont have to drive anyways

Look at Khumo or Yokohama

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol you live in Nashville, the one time it snows during the year the city shuts down so you wont have to drive anyways
Yea, but we get out of school if it rains to hard. :lol: Two years ago we got like 15 inches...and of course, the three wheeler was broke. :cry:

Also I'm tryin to stay around $110 +/- per tire.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
go with yokahoma avs es100 tires they are FAR FAR better than kumos (ive ran kumos ... i know all to well) they look better, perform better just an all around good tire. I have 17 by 9s with 275/40/17 yokahomas avs es100s right now and you wont be sorry if you pick them.

www.tirerack.com has them for pretty good deals, i think 130 each which is about as cheap as it comes... only 60 more buck a set than the kumos is money W E L L spent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
SpectorV said:
go with yokahoma avs es100 tires they are FAR FAR better than kumos (ive ran kumos ... i know all to well) they look better, perform better just an all around good tire. I have 17 by 9s with 275/40/17 yokahomas avs es100s right now and you wont be sorry if you pick them.

www.tirerack.com has them for pretty good deals, i think 130 each which is about as cheap as it comes... only 60 more buck a set than the kumos is money W E L L spent.
I have them as well but 18s, great tire. But if I had deep pockets I would have gone with BFG KDs or KDWs for all season

·
Registered
301 Posts
I haven't had any complaints about Kumhos; they've performed reasonably well for me in dry and wet, especially given the price. They suck in snow, but that's not what they're made for, anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Right now if you have a Auto1One tire center near you they have the Dunlop High performance All season tires on sale bought mine for 104.79 each and they are Z rated

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've had no problems with my khumo 711's, except I think they could have worn longer. I"m looking into replacing them at the 2 year mark, and I just think I could have gotten more out of a different tire. Grip has been and still is great though.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
kumos are ok.. but they look like crap and cmpared to the yokes are crap....

·
Registered
567 Posts
SpectorV said:

:good: :good:

I loved my yoko's, they're about bald though after 2 full summers of abuse.

I dunno if I'm going to get new ones or try to buy something more expensive. But for ~120/tire you can't beat em.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am personally a fan of Nitto but if you want to go for another brand I would go after yoko's but that is just my .02

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
falken are off brand nittos, i have heard nittos wear really fast.... yokos are a good street tire for look and wear.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Lots of people advise to go kumho. I have just seen too many kumhos tear away too fast. I am not saying that they are a bad tire but it is a hit or miss on whether they will last for you or not but I have never had a problem with Nitto's but the price is a little high if you are just doing everyday driving and nothing else

1 - 16 of 16 Posts