Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
primer2tone said:
Yikes! Let it all out 99, it'll be alright. More than glitter? Wow, that's way up there too! Lol
Those damn tires! Always stirring up trouble and smarting off to their elders! I know American Muscle has them and we get a discount!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Yikes! Let it all out 99, it'll be alright. More than glitter? Wow, that's way up there too! Lol
I have terrible luck with tires and tire repair shops. I will be buying from AM this time. I actually did like the BF Goodrich tire I had on my 97' Sebring best tire I've ever had thus far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've also had horrible luck with tires by far the best tires I've ever had were michelin pilot sport but they are approx 300 a pop and I don't have the cash to get them anymore so I went with the nitto nt555 extreme they have good reviews from what I've seen originally was gonna get them from AM but got a better deal at walmart lol......they're supposed to come in this Thursday hopefully they're as good as the say.....but as far as price just look around AM has great prices but not a lot of variety as far as brands.......ps didn't like hankooks

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I've had a pretty good ride with Dunlap and Nexxon, Dunlap's a little pricier but Nexxon has more size variations. With Nexxon I was able to get Staggered setup, with Dunlap I was not.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen at tire rack... Every time they come out with a new "better" version of a tire they always sell last years modle super cheap and they are just as good my friend put goodyear eagle ones all around his car for like just right at 500 I thought that sounded pretty fair for 17's

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm an ET street guy for the rear and BFG kdw guy for the front or invo's just depends sometimes I"m a gforce t/a dr guy in the rear

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Wish it was warm enough year round to use good tires here....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No kidding I just spent 300 bucks on studded snow tires just so I have a slight more chance to get to class and work this winter

·
Registered
903 Posts
NT555s and if anyone ever needs tires hit me UP! I get the best prices in town on tires through my work. so dont be SHY!!!

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Topless04GT said:
NT555s and if anyone ever needs tires hit me UP! I get the best prices in town on tires through my work. so dont be SHY!!!
Haha.. wish you were closer. I can hook you up with promo products galore, things you wouldn't even dream of.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Topless04GT said:
promo products such as? I am moving from Ohio to our Florida market... we are in every state but 6
Tire gagues to Tshirts even Golf Clubs and bags with company names on them.

That sounds like a really nice move man! I bet you will miss the snow and ice and salty roads. There is only about 4 months you can't use the top in Georgia. Although our cold tolarance is about 59 degrees. Just wait your blood thins out quick. Florida you got about 2 or 3 months.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
davidcseifert said:
i have these on mine
Sumitomo All Season A/S P01 Tire (275/40-17) 5517074 - Free Shipping!
nice A/S tire, got them summer before last with the new rims, hook pretty decent when i don't give it any throttle aka just driving right, but traction i can't really comment on anymore, just romp and............ don't move......
Those sumitomo tires are the ones I want for mine but the 255 and 245 for the front. I'm still deciding whether to sell my wheels and get new ones because I really want 275 tires at least

·
Registered
903 Posts
Those sumitomo tires are the ones I want for mine but the 255 and 245 for the front. I'm still deciding whether to sell my wheels and get new ones because I really want 275 tires at least
I sell more A/S PO1's than most tires. If you take a look at it the michelin pilot exalto came out before this tire, and SUMI pretty much ripped off the design. i love it because they are so much cheaper but perform just as well!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Tires are all about how they are going to be used. Since I autoX & run road courses a lot, I prefer softer compound tires such as the Bridgestone RE-11, Toyo R1R, or Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec if I am running street tires. These are basically the closest thing you can get to an R-compound tire from a street tire. However, these aren't the longest lasting tires for street use because of the soft compoud.

My street tires for highway & around town use are Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 in a 255 up front & 285 in the back. They have pretty good traction in the dry (I'd say 7 or 8 out of 10) and superb handinling in the wet (9 out of 10).

I have also run Toyo T1R Proxes as street tires & they make a nice product also. Personally, I cannot stand Sumitomo tires as I have found they are poorly made & rather hard. Nexen tires are awful as well, albeit cheap.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts