Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I got my wheels and tires from AM (which I'm very pleased with) I noticed that the 285's arnt wide as I thought they were going to be... So my question is what would be a good tire to throw on the rears with a 9x10' wheel? The wheels are 18's btw and expecting to lower 1.75 in the back so would clearance be an issue with a wider tire?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I'm running 295/35 18 on the wife's gt and 305/35 18 on my cobra. Depending on how low your car is you might have to roll the rear fenders. My cobra is slammed but i've never rubbed with rolled fenders.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
schmitty426 said:
Do you have and pics of the tires like directly behind? And how do u roll a fender is it hard or possible cosmetic damage?
I've got a few in my garage.

It is possible to crack your paint when rolling them. Some people prefer to pay someone with experience

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
schmitty426 said:
Ill check em out thanks and Yeah I've never done it before. So probably a good idea to pay someone lol
I had never done it before the cobra. borrowed a fender roller and spent an afternoon with a heat gun

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
schmitty426 said:
Hmm I'm likening the 305' you have on the brah witch is a beaut btw lol I wish I had one! What brand tire is that?
Depending on the pic a 295 bfg or a 305 toyo r888

·
Registered
997 Posts
So when I got my wheels and tires from AM (which I'm very pleased with) I noticed that the 285's arnt wide as I thought they were going to be... So my question is what would be a good tire to throw on the rears with a 9x10' wheel? The wheels are 18's btw and expecting to lower 1.75 in the back so would clearance be an issue with a wider tire?
I went with a 295/35-19 on the rear of my 2012 I love it

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Depending on the pic a 295 bfg or a 305 toyo r888
I think its the pic with the car slightly up the driveway.

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

I went with a 295/35-19 on the rear of my 2012 I love it
Nice!! Looks good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts