Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase some Goodyear Eagle F1 super cars.nwhat are yalls opinion on these?

2013 mustang v6 premium

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I also need to know if that will fit a 9.5 width rim. I know it won't look as good as like 275's but i just need some tires

2013 mustang v6 premium

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
I've never run them, but just looking at generic things like price, treadwear, speed rating, they seem like ok tires. They will fit on a 9.5" rim, but you will have a little "stretch." It wont be hella flush or anything stupid, but a 275 fits damn near flush on a 9.5" rim.

K

·
0 Posts
I have them on my 2014 v6 and for daily driving they are ok. With decent suspension, they are "ok" for the drag strip also. Not the best, but you can get by.

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I have them on my 2014 v6 and for daily driving they are ok. With decent suspension, they are "ok" for the drag strip also. Not the best, but you can get by.
+1 on this. They came from the factory for my 2013 V6 PP car. Main thing I noticed was poor traction in any kind of adverse weather and treadwear was not so great. Got about 25k-30k miles out of them, then upgraded.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I've been running them on the rears for a few thousand miles now. IMO the traction is great in wet and dry. They hook nicely. It's a soft tires so they wear quickly and it does kick up a bunch of little rocks and what not.

A 255 on a 9.5" rim is kind of pushing it but it will fit. 255s are ideal for 8.5".

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay. All I need to know is if they fit 9.5. I only daily drive the car I don't do anything serious

2013 mustang v6 premium

·
Registered
765 Posts
They will fit. They will have some stretch at that size but they will work. There not the best tires though. There's definately better on the market for grip and durability

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
They are crap
Alot better choices out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
+1

A lot of people buy these ULTRA HIGH Performance tires and its a waste on street cars like what 90% of us drive. Not sure what Rapinator thinks are better options but I got Pirelli P7 Centurato All Season tires all around. Personally I love them and last I checked (3weeks ago) they were on sale for $130 ea. on tire rack. 245/40 18

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had them on my car for a year and they wear out fast. I have a staggered set up so I couldn't rotate so that could have made the tears wear a lot faster. They hooked pretty good though

I still have my fronts 265/40/19

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439590387.532064.jpg

2011 3.7 mustang

·
Registered
128 Posts
Since we're on the tire subject, I have just noticed I have a broken belt on my front left tire. Is it still safe to drive on?

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I'm not a fan of street tires at all honestly. But when I do run them my #1 choice is street Comps
#2 nt05
#3 invos

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I'm not a fan of street tires at all honestly. But when I do run them my #1 choice is street Comps
#2 nt05
#3 invos

I've got the BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2 on my '95 T/A. Great dry weather grip. Supposed to be great grip in rain also, just haven't had them out in the rain yet.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
I have Conti ExtremeContact DW tires on my car now. Decent, but less steering feedback than what the OP was considering.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Since we're on the tire subject, I have just noticed I have a broken belt on my front left tire. Is it still safe to drive on?

Sent from my XT1080 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

No you need to get a new tire assp. It throws the tire out of balance causing issues with wheel bearings etc. also with a broken belt it is likely that the tire will go boom soon. Not always the case but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I would hate to hear your drove on it and had a blow out and toasted a rim or body panel

2013 pp mca 3.7 glass roof
2.5% dl tinted windows
Bbk shortys
20"resonators
Roush ab.
Bama/mpt tunes

More coming visually for now.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
^ yes he is right. That's not smart or safe.

I had a blowout on my front driver side tire on my f250 doing about 80 on the highway.

It was better than a redbull lol.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
255/40/19. I'm getting a good deal from a guy

2013 mustang v6 premium
That's what I have on my Mustang. I have OCD with tires and research the hell out of them before I buy any, but these came with my ride so the only research I have is my own experience. Here's what I know about mine so far...

Dry traction - Superior
Wet traction - Good
Road noise - Crap
Tread life - N/A

Bottom line is I love the grip, but not enough to live with the road noise. I plan on selling my premium wheels with the Goodyears on them and replacing with some AMR wheels and Continental Extreme Contact all seasons.

If there is a reason you are getting a good deal my guess would be it's because the seller can't take the noise anymore. lol But for a good price (under $300 for the set) and solid tread I would get them if I were you.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts