Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a ?, I was wondering what tires I should get for my 2001 bullitt wheels. I was looking for somthing that will last but is good for drag at a track and street drag. :-?

·
You want to **** me?
3,812 Posts
nitto drag radials are a common choice. As for something that will last and still be a good track tire, its going to be hard to find. Somone that knows what theyre talkin about will chime in here sooner or later ;)

·
Registered
930 Posts
drag radials won't last but 10k miles or so. if you do, go with the BFgoodrich. i heard mickey thompson is making some as well soon.

go with regular street tires though unless you're rich and can afford lots of tires.

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
need more info. How much racing will you do. Do you want a all weather tire and do you want good handling and cornering !!

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
i'm also getting bullitt 17x8's as well for my car at some point. i don't plan on doing an extreme amount of racing. it rains here a decent amount so good handling/traction would be good. drag radials would be alright, but again, i don't plan on racing all that much... so what brand and size tires should i get?

·
Registered
930 Posts
the size you need are 245/45/17's. i love my BFG g force t/a kdw's. if you don't want to be able to rotate and want a little more grab, you *could* put 275/40's on the rear, but it won't handle quite as well as 245/45's will. a good quality street tire along with tlok can still get you 2.1 or so 60's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just planning on about once or twice a month at the track, then about every saturday night that i dont have to work go down to 39th street to beat some ricers with my friends. and thats just a regular street road.

·
Registered
551 Posts
nitto 555's would be great for the track, last a good amount of time, and still be ko for the street.

They aren't the best rani tires out there but they're one of the best for dry performance short of a drag radial.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
245/45/17 tires are the oem size get curb protector tires for sure. most are now adays, the price range will go from 100 each to 300 each or more

1 - 12 of 12 Posts