Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Im not a big tire guy, but check out Tirerack.com, they have a great selection plus you can read reviews about each tire. You can also break the reviews down to type of car, driving conditions and driving style from each driver.

·
Registered
16 Posts
tires...?

Jayber said:
What are the best tires to use for someone who is just beginning?

have a good friend who owns big tire company, second generation owner...very successfull...he says perilli, bfg, bridgestones are very good, but uses yokahoma's and kelly springfeild on his autos, they are good also and shudn't cost as much as higher end names...michilene are good but are kind-of soft..stay away from firestone...they have issues with their radial street tires..might be better lately since bridgestone bought them, but i would still stay away from them...hard to beat kelly-springfield...some good-year are ok, depends are tire pattern..."yokohama's are sick awesome.." do not use uniroyal's or continental's , unless the deal is really cheap..they are cheap..good luck.....

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've run Bridgestone Potenza'a and was very happy with them. Half way through last season I switched to Kumo's and I've been very happy with those too. They grip a bit better, and I think they are better in the rain than the potenza's. They are louder though. On the autocross track they like to talk to you in the corners... But what's racing without screeching tires? :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Kumhos rock.

I drive these tires so hard. I've done burnouts and powerslides for 16k miles and they still have a whole bunch of tread left. They are probably better in the rain than my 16x7.5" goodyears were, even though these are 18x9" and are supposedly summer tires.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sumitumo tires are hella cheap and they have great traction!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts