Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what kind of tires does everyone run. We all talk about rims all the time, but noone mentions tires. What ones are good all around, what ones are good for drag racing/ good for street racing. Lets get a good discussion up.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712s, Z rated.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
What is W rated? Kuhmos? Says Z rated right on the tires I believe??

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I have continental Extreme Contacts that are W rated, but it also says Z on the sidewall, correct me if im wrong but I belive W rated is 168 MPH and Z is 140+
:burnout:

·
Registered
941 Posts
i have skinnies up front with some cheap-o but deep treaded 165r tires. they work great in the rain for what they are. i am very happy with them.

the rears are crappy no name 255/50/15's that are just street tires. the next set will be a drag radial for sure.

basically i have nothing to offer about my current setup, but for you 16, 17, 18" crowd, bfg g force t/a kdw's are some great tires. i have them on a set of cobras not so long ago and they performed almost too good... they'd follow the lines in the road too much! a good tire!

·
Registered
614 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
I have continental Extreme Contacts that are W rated, but it also says Z on the sidewall, correct me if im wrong but I belive W rated is 168 MPH and Z is 140+
:burnout:
I got the same one's going on my new wheels tomorrow. Great tires I hear. And they are W rated apparently, and yes, you're right about the W rated being 168 and Z being 140+. Just depends on the application I suppose. Not like my V6 will be going over 120 anyways ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts