Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Need some help here, i'm really undecided on wether to buy a 2011-12 GT since its much cheaper, i can probably find one under 30k and just spend about 5k on looks and some simple performance parts. I really like the interior of gt's they have all the bells n wistles plus leather seats. On the otherside boss is something special i would just keep it stock. Im not pleased with interior however, thats the only let down for me. It comes with recaros yeah, but other than that its got cloth rear seats, no subs, and no option for a nav. Im not really a track guy but who knows i may turn in to one if i get a boss. So if i get the gt im saving over 10k even after the mods but gt's are everywhere. So is it worth spending extra money on boss or should i settle with the gt for nicer interior??
Thanks fellas

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
GT for sure. The boss is an amazing car but so is the GT and if you buy a car you should love every part of it. The GT with the premium interrior is NICE.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Its a really tough choice. Would have loved a Boss, but I wanted a DD Mustang and didnt want to do that to a Boss. Plus I wanted the amenities and, if I bought a Boss, Id want to leave it stock, but I like modding to make my car my own. So the GT won. If you go GT and dont get Recaros, get the 401A. The leather and dash are beautiful. (I couldnt stand having non-matching front/rear seats. Would drive me nuts.)

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
wheelman said:
Its a really tough choice. Would have loved a Boss, but I wanted a DD Mustang and didnt want to do that to a Boss. Plus I wanted the amenities and, if I bought a Boss, Id want to leave it stock, but I like modding to make my car my own. So the GT won. If you go GT and dont get Recaros, get the 401A. The leather and dash are beautiful. (I couldnt stand having non-matching front/rear seats. Would drive me nuts.)
Yea I would feel so bad driving the boss back and forth to work every day.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i would buy a 11-12 GT Brembo Package. That car is just as quick as the Boss and handles very similar. They call it the Budget Boss. Plus i have leather heated seats and Nav. More bang 4 the buck!!!

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Ravnus said:
i would buy a 11-12 GT Brembo Package. That car is just as quick as the Boss and handles very similar. They call it the Budget Boss. Plus i have leather heated seats and Nav. More bang 4 the buck!!!
The only plus of the Boss is the forged internals and the intake Manifold. Those black rims are ugly IMO

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Ravnus said:

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

The only plus of the Boss is the forged internals and the intake Manifold. Those black rims are ugly IMO
Agreed, and the internals are "only" cold forged, not a whole lot stronger. The coyote was actually designed with the ability to go FI in mind... That statement comes from the engineers btw

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if its a DD go GT, if its a weekend car that you have a garage or covered area for and wotn sit outside then go Boss.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If i buy either one i would wanna drive it daily and enjoy every bit of it. With boss you win the bragging rights on the street, with gt i was thinking about putting the saleen front bumper and install a short shifter plus some nice exhaust n some other bits n pieces

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Jay_sangha said:
If i buy either one i would wanna drive it daily and enjoy every bit of it. With boss you win the bragging rights on the street, with gt i was thinking about putting the saleen front bumper and install a short shifter plus some nice exhaust n some other bits n pieces
Your going to want to do some of that with the Boss too. Boss does have the side exhaust, but apart from removing the restrictors, I doubt it adds performance, just a muffler less sound

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I kno i can buy a 11 gt500 for the same price of boss nd it comes with all the goodies but the insurance will kill me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The GT500 is my dream at this point and i may try for one in a couple of years. If it was a choice that is what I would go with.

I love the GT and the Boss and had the same issue when I was buying mine. I chose the GT/CS because I did not see a whole lot of them and I got all the comforts of the GT Premium and it stands out a little like the Boss would have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since 11-12 gt's are cheaper it makes sense to buy one. But other part of me says buy a boss bcuz it is in a different lead but interior seems to be the deal breaker for me unless i overcome that somehow

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
You can get a used 11gt loaded for 28-30k. The boss will run you over 40k I believe. A dd the gt would be the better choice and boss a weekend driver or track car

·
Registered
162 Posts
How can you tell if you bought a GT 5.0 Brembo package or not. When I bought mine it came with everything on it including heated seats and the navigation. Is that only with the brim brembo package. I have not seen too many regular GT 5.0 that have nav. In them just wondering

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks folks i think im gonna stick with 11-12 gt… seems like a wise choice would love to have a boss may be in future… :)

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
Jsmorley81 said:
How can you tell if you bought a GT 5.0 Brembo package or not. When I bought mine it came with everything on it including heated seats and the navigation. Is that only with the brim brembo package. I have not seen too many regular GT 5.0 that have nav. In them just wondering
The main thing that brembo package offers is the upgrades GT500 brakes and 19" wheels. If you have the brembo brakes you will see large black calipers in the front that brembo on them. There are other things but that is the main indicator

·
Registered
264 Posts
I bought my '13 GT brand new for $30k. Deals are out there.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I think the 'budget boss' was a reference to the track pack on the 13s that offer the extra cooling and Torsten from the boss. Brembo is a part of that package

1 - 20 of 40 Posts