Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have noticed on some posts here and even posts from the Mustang Source many stang enthusiasts hardly drive there cars. It seems that many people only drive there stang 1 to 3k miles a year. I have noticed this trend not only with mustang lovers but other sports car enthusiasts. Which brings me to my thought and question, Why? Why would someone want to own an awesome pony car like ours and only drive it a few thousand miles a year. For me, my joy comes from starting up that stang and hearing my flowmasters growl. My joy is sitting in that drivers seat and hitting those open highways and back country roads. My joy is hitting that go juice and hearing the roar of the 305 hp and 280 torque pulling hard. My joy is feeling that acceleration, hitting that turn and hugging the road. What a great feeling, showing the other motorists that your in your stang.

I guess for some the sheer joy comes from looking at their stang in their garage going almost nowhere with it because they don't want to get a stone chip on the sweet a$$ bumper. I only take my stang out on days that its not raining , dry roads and no snow. Rain or Clouds, if it ain't raining or snowing then me a stang are crusing. I only go about 6k a year and my only regret is not putting on 10 to 12k miles per year.

I just can't fathom on having these awesome cars that just sit in a garage all but a few thousand miles a year. Seems kind of a waste too me but what do you think?

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have put quite of few miles on my 427R...

I suspect some people have other cars for daily drivers is because their commute isn't fun to drive.

Some people think of their particular Mustangs as precious collectibles and feel miles accumulated are a detriment to value...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good observation. I drive the hell out of this thing. I go out of my way everyday just to drive lol. Dont care, any weather im in the beast.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Good to hear some are driving your stangs. I have a buddy whose a total car guy and has a sweet a$$ looking Pontiac Trans Am from 1996. The car is pristine condition but my buddy hardly drives it. He is so afraid of the car getting scratched by the rocks popping up or a car door opening up into it. The thought of this makes him ill to the point he can't drive it. This awesome looking car sits in his garage other than maybe 500 to 1000 miles a year. He is a close friend and I tell him there may be meds that can help him. Lol. Just joking with him. I have a company vehicle that I drive to and from work so my stang is not a daily commuter. I still manage to roll about 6k year and want to drive more.

·
Registered
90 Posts
We got a 2012 and we drive it everywhere 10k miles on it. The only problem is my foot gets heavier every time I get in it.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
salcruz said:
We got a 2012 and we drive it everywhere 10k miles on it. The only problem is my foot gets heavier every time I get in it.
Sweet Salcruz. Lol. Yep my foot gets heavy too. Im right with ya. Especially after I got my sct tuner. With the 91 performance tune I can't help to give the pony some extra go pedal juice.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Winter months are not fun to drive in. Last thing I'd want to do is see my baby in a bender because I'm driving like it's summer. Hauling ass and taking names.

It's why I got a v6. I couldn't afford the summer/Sunday car and have a daily driver. Can you do it? Yes, but snow, salt and all that moisture takes it's toll.

I'll have that Sunday driver in a few years. Until then a modded v6 does me just fine.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JBillone said:
Winter months are not fun to drive in. Last thing I'd want to do is see my baby in a bender because I'm driving like it's summer. Hauling ass and taking names.

It's why I got a v6. I couldn't afford the summer/Sunday car and have a daily driver. Can you do it? Yes, but snow, salt and all that moisture takes it's toll.

I'll have that Sunday driver in a few years. Until then a modded v6 does me just fine.
I don't drive mine either in the winter when there is snow, salt, or rain. Some just have it for a nice Sunday drive car. I could do that but heck no. The stang is just to nice for my taste to have it sit for just sunny day weather. Lol.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Yeah, my DD has been collecting dust since I got my mustang. I've got 23,000 miles on it in just under 2 years.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just sold my 1988 Jeep Cherokee. I drove it about 6000 miles a year. I plan on doing the same with my new Mustang. The main thing for me is keeping it in a garage is a must. I certain if I hadn't with the Jeep it would have only lasted until 04. I will differently drive the Mustang cross country at least twice.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I drive my beautiful baby everyday and put around 11 to 12k miles on her a year if not more, it seems like I drive her more each year :D
I am always nervous about taking her out though considering all the things that can hurt her especially with how people drive now these days and since no matter what I do I cant keep her paint from getting chipped but I know my baby loves to get out and I love driving her

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Lalayla said:
My 04 is my DD and we are almost at 110k miles! Runs like a champ.

Took it to PA from FL and back twice.
Hahahaha. I'm right there with ya!... I've got an '04 GT and it is my DD!... 108k miles and some change!... Still runs as good as ever!.. And yes I still drive it in the winter and some times in the snow!... Lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts