Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about going wingless on my 96 GT. I really like how the 99-04 GT's look but not to sure on how the 94-98 would look wingless. Anyway gonna use the nylon plug method, anyone have any input on it? Like reasons not to do it or why I should? Thanks.

-Henry

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Henry i would deff go wingless heres mine w/o a wing

ForumRunner_20130120_163130.png

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
no problem glad to give you an idea of how she will look wingless

·
Registered
876 Posts
Imo for the sn's i dont like it... feels like something is missing and looks like a regular car to me... but on the newedge i love it! But its all up to you just take it off, its easy just 4 bolts, then drive around a couple days like that and if your not feeling it pop it back on.. thats what i did:) the first photo is my old 98 sn wingless and the second is my newedge wingless:)

ForumRunner_20130122_011347.png

ForumRunner_20130122_011422.png

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imo for the sn's i dont like it... feels like something is missing and looks like a regular car to me... but on the newedge i love it! But its all up to you just take it off, its easy just 4 bolts, then drive around a couple days like that and if your not feeling it pop it back on.. thats what i did:) the first photo is my old 98 sn wingless and the second is my newedge wingless:)
I understand and agree the new edges look mean wingless but I feel if done right the sn95's are able to pull it off just as well. Pretty much gonna get the plugs and do it this weekend might cut my springs down 1/2 or 3/4 a coil too just to lose the 4x4 appearance. Based on what I've read on forums is that it should drop it about 1.5" which is what I was wanting todo anyway. Saves me money and get the look in after. Win win? I'd like to think so.

-Henry

·
Registered
876 Posts
Uhh taken said:
I understand and agree the new edges look mean wingless but I feel if done right the sn95's are able to pull it off just as well. Pretty much gonna get the plugs and do it this weekend might cut my springs down 1/2 or 3/4 a coil too just to lose the 4x4 appearance. Based on what I've read on forums is that it should drop it about 1.5" which is what I was wanting todo anyway. Saves me money and get the look in after. Win win? I'd like to think so.

-Henry
Thats true i think lowered they can do it, if you like it then go for it!:)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts

-Henry
if you want that drop you'll need to cut 1.25 coils off the front and 1 coil off the back...i've cut about 10 different sets of springs all with that cut to achieve that drop...also rarely do i leave the ISOs unless the person for some reason wants them....i'd pull them IMO :good:

·
Registered
535 Posts
I just did this to my cobra and I love it! I do agree that you have to have at least the car lowered and fat rear rubber really pulls off the look. To be honest I think the plastics clips look trashy and the spoiler looks better than that. I went the whole way. Spoiler delete and the trunk lid emblems shaved off. I jb welded the 6 holes closed. Ground the epoxy down, body filled, and primed/sanded to a glass surface. I also resprayed the lid myself and really dig the way it came out. It cost me about $100 to do it myself and a lot of time but I learned a lot. Pull the spoiler off and if you like it I would consider getting it painted.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Justasix98 said:
I think wingless on the SN95's look damn good, especially how they have the little lip on the trunk lid.. Here's a shot of my 98'
Good lookin 98 you got there man;)

Is yours lowered?

ForumRunner_20130122_230911.png

·
Registered
370 Posts
Good lookin 98 you got there man;)

Is yours lowered?
Haha thanks! And ditto!
As much as I wish it was lowered, it's not. Pretty soon I would like to do everything as far as suspension works (lowering springs, shocks/struts, ect.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts