Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brother-in-law bought me some ultra white h.i.d. head lights for no apparent reason. not that i don't appreciate it but i was just wondering, are they too ricey for a mustang?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Not at all. How are bright lights rice? Personally... if I had $300 lying arround, I'd get an HID conversion so I could use real Xenon (blue) headlights. But yeah, are they Silverstars? Because those look real nice. I have ultra white looking Sylvania's on my car, but they're not as nice as the Silverstars. I say put them on, they're free afterall and sure beat stock ones!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no they're not silverstars, they're "TENRAI" and they have a bunch of japenese lettering on the case. they also say for offroad use only. the bulb is also blue

·
Registered
941 Posts
those are probably the "blind everyone for miles" bulbs. i'll politely say that aftermarket bulbs look ok only on saleens and other modern body-kitted cars.

·
Registered
614 Posts
It's one thing if they're intended on being ultra bright or ultra white that way they look clearer (less goldish) and are also brighter... but unless you have a true HID system in your car, those artificially-Xenon bulbs are just worthless.

·
Registered
567 Posts
most aftermarket lights don't do anything but emit a blue, or almost white light.

only silverstars and PIAA's are worth any $.

·
Registered
614 Posts
stangin99 said:
only silverstars and PIAA's are worth any $.
Most definately agreed. The only thing I'd say is that even APC lights will be better than stock ones, they're just not worth the "investment." But once again, I must repeat what I said before. You were given these freely, and any lights are better than stock lights, so might as well make use of them and put them in!

·
Registered
62 Posts
stangracer said:
my brother-in-law bought me some ultra white h.i.d. head lights for no apparent reason. not that i don't appreciate it but i was just wondering, are they too ricey for a mustang?
Sell em' on Ebay and buy some SilverStars. ;)

·
Registered
800 Posts
I hate those freaking bright ass lights, they blind ya to death, just like they put in the damn BMW's...

1 thing to make sure of nobody has mentioned here, is when you go to replace the light bulbs, do not touch the glass/plastic bulb part pointy thing with your fingers, or they will blow once you put power to them...since everybody has a percentage of body oil on there skin, it will leave some on the light portion and will blow out the bulb.

so were gloves or handle them from the end only!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't see why people would even consider xenon bulbs to be rice... they're better for driving! period. They are brighter, and you see the road better, WTF?!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I agree with DE on that.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Sell the lights on eBay and buy some V6stangs stickers instead

1 - 20 of 20 Posts