Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering you can get any combination of a Roush mustang from axle back exhaust to full blown (pun intended) Roush setup, at what point do you have a Roush mustang?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Considering you can get any combination of a Roush mustang from axle back exhaust to full blown (pun intended) Roush setup, at what point do you have a Roush mustang?

You have a Roush when it is built by Roush, given a build number, and signed by Jack Roush. Until that point you have a Mustang. Just a modified Mustang.

...and a Roush is covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
The only thing on a Roush mustang you can not replicate is the Registry. Every Roush vehicle is automatically entered into the registry upon completion and before leaving the factory. Unless the vehicle is in the registry it's not a real Roush, and it never will be. But you can buy pretty much everything that Roush upgrades on a vehicle.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
The only thing on a Roush mustang you can not replicate is the Registry. Every Roush vehicle is automatically entered into the registry upon completion and before leaving the factory. Unless the vehicle is in the registry it's not a real Roush, and it never will be. But you can buy pretty much everything that Roush upgrades on a vehicle.

Pick your poison.
Let's turn my 02 GT into a Roush. Lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So what you're saying, Recon is that I can send my mustang in to Roush and get it upgraded and registered?

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
No. You can get the Roush parts but it won't be a Roush mustang. Production numbers are out and those numbers won't change.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im already thinking about it but not sure that's the route I want to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
2017 Roucshcharged

Just bought 2017 Rouschcharged stang!
I drove it, impressed! Then Lyle from Tindol Ford gave me a great deal!
I own a racer red Sstang..... Lyle is dealing! Tell him John R sent you.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Unless things changed, a Roush Mustang is a Mustang GT with Roush aftermarket upgrades even when Roush does the work themselves. If you run the VIN, it will come back as a Mustang GT.

The secondary market really doesn't exist either.

Personally, I would buy a used Mustang GT and upgrade it. The "loss in value" would be less. Unless a warranty is something you are really after.

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
True, but this is specific to Roush's own registry. The VIN is tied to a serial number determined by Roush.

If you run the VIN for insurance purposes (or a loan), it will come back as a Mustang GT. Unless things have changed in the last year, Roush does not have a specific VIN, only a serial number associated to a VIN which is assigned by Ford.

It's no big deal if you understand what you are getting. If a warranty is worth it, sure. But given that it is a Mustang GT with aftermarket upgrades, the secondary market is difficult to establish a price. I don't think NADA or KBB will even support it.

Roush Mustangs probably will fetch a higher price than someone's modified GT, but you need to ask yourself if a serialized plaque, a warranty, and "out of the box" support is worth the price. Maybe it is, but personally, no. :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roush Mustangs are pre-title vehicles that become a Roush when they are assigned a serial number by Roush. Then they are modified by professionals at Roush Performance engineering (not by goofballs drinking beer in the garage on the weekend) in Livonia, MI, and sold by authorized Ford dealers- along with a full factory warranty. That's a part of what you are paying for when you pay the big money...

Authentic Roush Mustangs will have one of these:

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Glad it says GT will help on insurance, lol!
Yes, but keep in mind that it will be repaired as such if it is wrecked.

You will have to tell you insurance company that it's a Roush and have the VIN and dealer sticker (maybe some other paper work) for them to cover it accordingly.

At least that's what the agent at GEICO told me.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Glad it says GT will help on insurance, lol!
Yes, but keep in mind that it will be repaired as such if it is wrecked.

You will have to tell you insurance company that it's a Roush and have the VIN and dealer sticker (maybe some other paper work) for them to cover it accordingly.

At least that's what the agent at GEICO told me.

Nailed it. If you insure as a GT and have an accident it will only payout as a GT. Make sure your insurance knows it is a customized car or you will loose big if stolen or wrecked. Sure it will cost less to insure, but you get what you pay for.

If you customize yourself or a buddy of yours does it, you can only insure as a GT!

You need to talk to your insurer to make sure you are covered for the additional value of a Roush customized car.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
1yr thread bump and with the 2018s out now its completely pointless to get a Roush unless you just want a "Roush". The 3rd gen 5.0 is so good you barely need to do anything to it to run stupid fast times at the track.

·
Registered
52 Posts
There are some parts that you cannot get from Roush unless you have a Roush VIN. For example, I got a spare set of front seat covers for my 2016 RS3 because the dealer was nice enough to poke a hole in the Drivers seat cover. In order to get the custom Roush Seat covers I had to prove that it was my car...

So you can get close to duplicating a Roush, but not everything. With the exception of the custom placards, I think most everything else is available OTC however... Can you buy just the Roush gages? Never seen them on their website...

I was going to order a 2017, it would have been a Roushcharged 2017 Yellow California Special, loaded, the total came to $53,000. However I ended up finding a low miles 2016 RS3 (like 100 miles) for less than that so I grabbed that instead... It was new, just 1 year old, and the warranty started in April of 2017, and I bought it in August 2017...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts