Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Oh gotcha. Well you might not need the fmu then. But because you don't know what it was tuned for, it might be a good idea to get it tuned afterwards. And it has to he a dyno. Dont do a canned tune. There not good for a F.I. car. It needs to be put on a roller and hooked to a computer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Will do!!! Goin to the ford nationals in Carlisle PA in 2 weeks gonna see what I find there. Hopefully can get a deal on one!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
To put a supercharger on it you need to make sure your frame is strong enough. Build up your frame first because if your car doesn't have enough strength in the frame. The supercharger is going to ruin your car and twist the frame.

Sent from Galaxy S4

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Good point, since the mustang is a uni body car. Sfc's should be one of the first mods period. However the car would be fine without them with the low boost kit.

·
Super Moderator
17,859 Posts
To put a supercharger on it you need to make sure your frame is strong enough. Build up your frame first because if your car doesn't have enough strength in the frame. The supercharger is going to ruin your car and twist the frame.

Sent from Galaxy S4
No it isn't, not with what the stock internals can take. Also not without a more radical suspension setup and even then.

With that said, I would not be doing a supercharger until I had at least a decent suspension setup and some good full length subframes welded in.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
No I've got 24's in there. The c&l maf housing allows you to use a metal tube that you can screw in to fool your maf that is calibrated for 19's to not run rich or lean if you change the injector size. A tune is definitely better, but its worked fine for me. If you've been running 24's already, do you have a tune?

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

Ideally I want to ditch the fmu and get it tuned. I'll make more power lol

Where did you purchase your c&l tube? And what size did you get? The same size will probably work for me since I have 24lb injectors and a 190lph pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Also with that setup I would use the FMU with the kit correct?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I got it from Latemodelrestoration.com. You can buy the whole maf housing and sample tube together, but there is two different tubes for 24's. One is for when the air filter is attached directly to the maf housing, and the other is for the filter mounted inside the fenderwall, and farther away from the maf. The difference being wind turbulance effecting each setup differently. With all that being said, I have the one for the maf in the fender, and mine is attached to the filter. I've had no problems with it, you just might have to clock the maf to get it right. And the kit comes with a fmu system, but IIRC, you have a tune or could have a tune already? So if you're unsure, it would be best to take it to a dyno to get tuned. But it'll run without it. Great thing about those centrifugal blowers, it runs like a stock car till you get into boost.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
No prob. Put some pics up if you decide to get the kit!

Haven't been on here in a long time. Didn't end up gettin the blower. Ended up goin with a 331 Stroker setup. Block from coast high performance rated at 550 hp with forged internals. Trick flow stage 1 top end. But the motor is built up and ready for a blower at any point 😀😀😀 ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435616836.582251.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435616861.577332.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1435616887.531616.jpg oh yeah and a shaved bay

21 - 40 of 40 Posts