Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, all of my mods have been dealer installed when I bought the car, or installed myself. Wednesday will be the first time a performance shop has worked on the car.

I'm pretty psyched ...

Saleen N2 shocks and struts
Whiteline Adjustable Panhard Bar
Whiteline PHB brace
Whiteline adjustable LCA's
Whiteline LCA relo brackets
Ford Racing Strut mounts

The car already has Roush lowering springs (dealer installed) so these mods should hopefully make the lowering closer to being "properly done".

Anyway, I'll report on the difference the changes make.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to leave this to the pros ... this car is my DD so I can't afford any downtime if I have any issues or whatnot. I do basic (for me) stuff myself. Eventually, I'll get bolder. :)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yup. None of those parts are especially hard to install. Just have a helper available & plan a weekend to do it. I swapped springs & struts on my last car--my DD. Ran into a little snag on Saturday afternoon, but had the car all buttoned up Sunday & drove it to work Monday.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got home ... it's too dark but I'll get some tomorrow.

After action report from the 60 miles drive home:

Car handles awesome. Noticeably less dive on braking, and the car feels more sure-footed in corners. Sorry if I don't have proper "suspension vocabulary" ... but the handling is noticeably better.

Traction is 100% better ... the horrible wheel hop is all but gone. And, the Whiteline bits look awesome on the car ... you can see the LCA's and relo brackets through the wheels and it looks cool.

There is some NVH - you can hear the rear drivetrain and it varies with speed. I assume this is normal and to be expected. Honestly, I drove like 50 miles before I even noticed.

There is a popping noise from the rear, however on the passenger side ... only noticeable at slow speed over bumps, like in my driveway. The shop said it may be the bushings settling in ... I am going to drive it for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

On another note, they offered me a great deal on an RTR chin spoiler, so I had them stick that on there too. :cool:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Just got home ... it's too dark but I'll get some tomorrow.

After action report from the 60 miles drive home:

Car handles awesome. Noticeably less dive on braking, and the car feels more sure-footed in corners. Sorry if I don't have proper "suspension vocabulary" ... but the handling is noticeably better.

Traction is 100% better ... the horrible wheel hop is all but gone. And, the Whiteline bits look awesome on the car ... you can see the LCA's and relo brackets through the wheels and it looks cool.

There is some NVH - you can hear the rear drivetrain and it varies with speed. I assume this is normal and to be expected. Honestly, I drove like 50 miles before I even noticed.

There is a popping noise from the rear, however on the passenger side ... only noticeable at slow speed over bumps, like in my driveway. The shop said it may be the bushings settling in ... I am going to drive it for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

On another note, they offered me a great deal on an RTR chin spoiler, so I had them stick that on there too. :cool:
awesome! what was your total out the door for labor? I probably would do mine myself, but just curious what you paid.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I think it was a total of 6 hours for everything at $89 an hour ... I was in at 8 and out at 2.
Alright that is about what the shop down the street would charge me. Ironically costs the same to get LT installed.

Definitely looking forward to photos tomorrow!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Question - at the top of the struts there is a rubber cap over a long bolt sticking out ... these are not adjustable, what are those screws for? Just for initial installation?

(no, I am not messing with them!)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts