Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a 2012 V6 that I love (dont we all). I bought it CPO with low miles and still have the new car warranty plus payed extra for an extended CPO Warranty. I love the car as it is now however, I cant stand looking like all the rest. I mentioned the warranty because Im iffy about tuning and dont want to void it really since I payed for it. I have some American Muscle gift certificates (thanks pop's) that are asking to be used but cant decide if I should go for a tune or not. I was thinking of lowering the car and plan on getting a pan hard bar from another member here soon so that will be done already if I decide to lower. Honestly, the car has enough power for now but the shift points on the auto are pissing me off. I had a B&M shift plus on my last auto and it was great. I could shift faster than most the manual guys and at WOT would chirp tires into second... just wish there was a way to do it without screwing up my drivetrain warranty. I know that lowering will void my suspension warranty but if anything happens I will just go back to stock and take her to a dealer(frowned upon? maybe, but when was the last time you had a truly honest car dealer....dont worry,i'll wait)... however, not so easy with a tune. So, back to the point... to tune or not to tune? other options would be lowering, new grille(really like the black billet from AM), maybe front/rear diffuser, open to other options.... opinions?

·
Registered
638 Posts
So I didn't even finish reading but yes tune the **** out of it!!! You'll love it!!! That risk makes it that much better!! No but if you re worried then wait

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The only practical reason I want a tune, and something that bothers me daily, is the friggin throttle hang when I shift. The car thinks I should casually shift and is slow to drop RPMs (emissions feature!). I'm constantly shifting faster than it drops, even during casual driving, let alone WOT runs. I feel sorry for the poor clutch disc and synchros.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Most everyone will tell you to tune. But if you're worried about warranty then just wait. It's not worth a few more hp if warranty is a worry. Yes you can feel a difference but it's not like slapping on a procharger. Wait it out and when the warranty is up get your car tuned. Tune is a great mod and anyone who has one will recommend it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
rebeltx said:
So, I have a 2012 V6 that I love (dont we all). I bought it CPO with low miles and still have the new car warranty plus payed extra for an extended CPO Warranty. I love the car as it is now however, I cant stand looking like all the rest. I mentioned the warranty because Im iffy about tuning and dont want to void it really since I payed for it. I have some American Muscle gift certificates (thanks pop's) that are asking to be used but cant decide if I should go for a tune or not. I was thinking of lowering the car and plan on getting a pan hard bar from another member here soon so that will be done already if I decide to lower. Honestly, the car has enough power for now but the shift points on the auto are pissing me off. I had a B&M shift plus on my last auto and it was great. I could shift faster than most the manual guys and at WOT would chirp tires into second... just wish there was a way to do it without screwing up my drivetrain warranty. I know that lowering will void my suspension warranty but if anything happens I will just go back to stock and take her to a dealer(frowned upon? maybe, but when was the last time you had a truly honest car dealer....dont worry,i'll wait)... however, not so easy with a tune. So, back to the point... to tune or not to tune? other options would be lowering, new grille(really like the black billet from AM), maybe front/rear diffuser, open to other options.... opinions?
B&M shift plus? Do they have it for our 2013 autos? And if so where?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Buy Ford Racing gears, have a authorized ford racing dealership install them and there you go! Tell them to tweak the shift points if it's a legit ford racing dealer they will firm up the shift points if not that's okay either way ur car is gna really get a upgrade with gears man!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
No Tuner for the V6 yet from Ford Racing

When I was at S.E.M.A. and talked to the guy at Ford Racing I asked about a Tuner for the V6. They have one for the GT but not the V6. I was told that they may or may not be working on one because at this time they did not feel enough interest in one. Same for a CAI for the V6. They sell the K&N drop in for the V6 but not a CAI or tuner.

Now that this is the third year for the 3.7 maybe they will start producing some doodies for us that want to buy them.

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The only practical reason I want a tune, and something that bothers me daily, is the friggin throttle hang when I shift. The car thinks I should casually shift and is slow to drop RPMs (emissions feature!). I'm constantly shifting faster than it drops, even during casual driving, let alone WOT runs. I feel sorry for the poor clutch disc and synchros.
Exactly!

When I was at S.E.M.A. and talked to the guy at Ford Racing I asked about a Tuner for the V6. They have one for the GT but not the V6. I was told that they may or may not be working on one because at this time they did not feel enough interest in one.
Yeah, theyre kidding themselves. Make that $ FR!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Couldn't agree more! That is really a pain in the ass!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Drive around for awhile. And wait on the tuner. After I used up my factory I tuned my car. I've taken my car for warranty work but nothin to do with the drivetrain so they never noticed.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
B&M shift plus? Do they have it for our 2013 autos? And if so where?
I did some looking and couldn't find anything for the 3.7 mustangs. B&M is a respected name when it comes to short throw shifters and stuff like that. You can see there products on there website if your interested.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Buy Ford Racing gears, have a authorized ford racing dealership install them and there you go! Tell them to tweak the shift points if it's a legit ford racing dealer they will firm up the shift points if not that's okay either way ur car is gna really get a upgrade with gears man!
Not a bad idea at all... I will have to look into this. It just kills me to overpay a ford racing place to do it when I could go to Steeda that's 2 hours from me and get it done for half the price and still know its done rite. Maybe I can contact them and just get my shift points firmed up.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
The real shame is this

Ford Racing makes a tuner for the GT's but does not have one for us V6 3.7 people that would really like to have one.

Notice where it say's it will not ruin your warranty. (If dealer installs it)
It really suck's that it is not available for the 3.7 V6,

Ronnie

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ford Racing makes a tuner for the GT's but does not have one for us V6 3.7 people that would really like to have one.

Notice where it say's it will not ruin your warranty. (If dealer installs it)
It really suck's that it is not available for the 3.7 V6,

Ronnie
Just what a lot of us would be looking for! Any word if it will ever be available for our sixers? I still don't understand why you can buy Ford racing gears for the 3.7 but no factory tune is available....even just for spedo calibration!

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
The tune voiding the warranty has been covered in countless threads across countless forums across this board and many others. Doing independent research online and at your local dealer is your best bet. It's been shown over and over tuning will come at the cost of your factory warranty.

Any posts to the contrary will be deleted as they are false and misleading.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm trying to get a way to contact "FORD RACING" now. If I can get an E-Mail address we could all probably suggest getting this for our 3.7 engines.

Hi Deadspot,
My information was right from "FORD"

Ronnie
Right on! Please keep me/us posted!

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I will

I did have a Business card from one of the big shots at Ford Racing I got when I was at the S.E.M.A. show but can't find it anyplace. I tore my whole house apart looking for it but it has not turned up. I'm gonna keep looking for it.

Ronnie

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
When you said you'd go back to stock, did you only mean suspension?
If you meant tune, as well, your computer leaves a time stamp every time you change the tune, so ford can tell if it'd been played with

1 - 20 of 25 Posts