Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about a Bama tune 2011 gt. The car is still under warranty.my question is if I down load the tune. Then I have severe engine mishap,I then erase the tune. When you bring the car to the dealer can they plug in and tell that I have tuned it?:hide::

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yep, I think this is new for 2011+ cars. Older ones you could restore to stock and they'd never be able to find out. Ford got smart...

Reactions: goman

·
Registered
820 Posts
Since my 2014 is my daily driver and under warranty and my state has annual inspections (which would make any check engine light a major headache) I'm not tuning mine,
Simple test for you :
Google Mustang tune problem. Then read and read. Decide if it's the risk you like to take.
Here's half the first page you get...ain't nobody got time for that.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Since my 2014 is my daily driver and under warranty and my state has annual inspections (which would make any check engine light a major headache) I'm not tuning mine,
Simple test for you :
Google Mustang tune problem. Then read and read. Decide if it's the risk you like to take.
Here's half the first page you get...ain't nobody got time for that.
Notice the dates on all those links? Every car will have tuning issues when they first come out. All the major tuners have it figured out now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
You can find good and bad reviews for just about anything and everything.
Maybe a poll would be a good idea for tune experiences.
e.g.-
overall worth it?
somewhat troublesome?
Any bad experiences?
Or something along these lines.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If your not going to mod your engine and still want warranty, go with Ford tune. Picks up low to mid range, increases redline and will get about 2 more mpg. But it will not optimize for upgrades. Just another alternative.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If you're not going to mod your engine and still want warranty, go with Ford tune. Picks up low to mid range, increases redline and will get about 2 more mpg. But it will not optimize for upgrades. Just another alternative.
Ditto.

It makes a significant difference. The Ford Tune really ups the low end torque (+60lbs at 1,500 rpm I believe)

The max hp & torque increases are only about +16, but that's with no engine mods, CAI BS, etc..

When you just punch the pedal while putting around that low end torque really throws you back in to your seat.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I've been thinking about a Bama tune 2011 gt. The car is still under warranty.my question is if I down load the tune. Then I have severe engine mishap,I then erase the tune. When you bring the car to the dealer can they plug in and tell that I have tuned it?:hide::
If your #1 concern is to keep your factory warranty in tact with no possible issues then have a Ford racing mechanic install the pro cal tune. The pro cal tune is no where near the aftermarket tuning companies but its better than the factory tune.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ditto.

It makes a significant difference. The Ford Tune really ups the low end torque (+60lbs at 1,500 rpm I believe)

The max hp is only about +16hp, but that's with no engine mods, CAI BS, etc..

When you just punch the pedal while putting around that low end torque really throws you back in to your seat.
To the best of your knowledge, do all Ford dealers do it?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Re: ProCal install

To the best of your knowledge, do all Ford dealers do it?
My area:

2 out of 3 wouldn't do it.

1 out of 3 would do it, but barely knew what I was talking about. I had to badger the service manager to "research" (go ask a technician) and figure out IF they could do it, etc. And he came back saying they could do it & would charge me 1 hour of labor to do it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
FYI because he's a 2011, ford racing probably won't pick up his warranty as they only give 3yr/36 k so he's probably better off getting a Lund, mid. Atlantic or other reputable tuner tune

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
FYI because he's a 2011, ford racing probably won't pick up his warranty as they only give 3yr/36 k so he's probably better off getting a Lund, mid. Atlantic or other reputable tuner tune
You have an excellent point and didn't even think about that The 3yr 36K is long over. The pro cal doesn't cover during the extended warranty period assuming there is an extended warranty or the 5 year 60k power train warranty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have an extended warranty,7 years it's costly item. when you buy the vehicle, the guy in the back office sells this,plus plastic 3M to help with road chips,sealer for a longer shine? You all know the speel by now!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Warranty

I think you are going to find that since it is greater than 3 years ford racing won't pick it up.
I've played lawyer ball many times, they have the purse strings and they won't let go without a. Big fight. My wife is a nurse case manager for one of the big health insurance companies and the joke here is that insurance companies and warranties exist to shift the burden on to some one else!
Just trying to prepare you!
As one guys avatar says, just because I have an opinion doesn't mean I'm smarter, it just means I've dome more stupid s#!t

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Been tuned since 5,000 miles. Now with 48k plus miles and not a single problem yet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Dallas and Kona,

What tune are you running?

I'm looking to have mine tuned also but still weighing the options. I've heard people say to stick with a dyno tune if only using bolt-ons, which I am so far. What's everyone's opinion there? I found a local shop that will do it for 500 bucks but I'm not sure what to expect. New to all this.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts