Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, fellow Mustang enthusiasts, I have a 2011 GT, FRPP GT500 Slip on's and the rest of the mechanicals are STOCK.

The car sounds good, a little louder wouldn't kill me, but now I want to see some performance enhancements. I was told, X Pipe and a tune.

i'd PREFER to run 87 octane, but its not my daily driver (Garage queen) so if I had to run premium it wouldn't kill me.

Looking for recommendations.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Jeffola said:
OK, fellow Mustang enthusiasts, I have a 2011 GT, FRPP GT500 Slip on's and the rest of the mechanicals are STOCK.

The car sounds good, a little louder wouldn't kill me, but now I want to see some performance enhancements. I was told, X Pipe and a tune.

i'd PREFER to run 87 octane, but its not my daily driver (Garage queen) so if I had to run premium it wouldn't kill me.

Looking for recommendations.
Couple things. You won't get power gains off an X pipe alone. You'll have to take your cats off as well. You will get slightly louder with just an x pipe.

Also with this car, running 87 isn't ideal. Many here are in agreement that if you are going to so so you really have to baby the car and never really open her up. You should always run at least 91octane in this car.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Yea I would run premium gas and maybe you should get a cai and tune from am

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is the FRPP X-pipe? I won't delete the cats. I'm moving next year and the new state will not pass emissions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts