Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've found a mustang that I'm very interested in. Its at a local dealership and has 77040 miles as of today. The dealership is asking 10900 for it even though the blue book is showing it going for 15000. I read the carfax for it and it shows an accident on the report but does not list in detail about the accident. When I went to test drive it Saturday the battery was dead the dealer jumped it and it ran fine. Today I called on it again and the salesman stated the battery was dead again and they were having it looked into. My question is do you guys think a 2005 gt with 77000 miles on it for 10900 is too good to be true? Should I be concerned about the battery issue or could I be a simple fix? Thanks for reading!!

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
depends on if the "wreck" was just a slight issue or major (how much was repair etc) they should be able to get you the details.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Did they tell about it being wrecked or did you have to find out yourself? Ask them for the details. It could have caused some electrical issues which are a nightmare and very expensive, typically. It's important to find out exactly what was repaired and who did it. The 2005's had some electrical issues anyway. When the dealer has it at a low price, I'd run away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clear, I'm thinking about taking it into my personal mechanic tomorrow morning to have it looked over

·
Registered
136 Posts
i just bought my 05 gt about 2 months ago for $15,000 with 78,000 miles on it from a ford dealer and it still had some minor things to fix

seems odd to me even with the wrecked title because i looked at one with a wrecked title before i got mine and it was priced at 12,500 77,000 miles on it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just bought my 05 gt about 2 months ago for $15,000 with 78,000 miles on it from a ford dealer and it still had some minor things to fix

seems odd to me even with the wrecked title because i looked at one with a wrecked title before i got mine and it was priced at 12,500 77,000 miles on it
See that's what's making me nervous seems too good of a deal. The cars being sold at a large dealership too, not some rinky dink one on the corner. I'm going to take the car to my mechanic tomorrow morning for an inspection ill post what he finds out about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Take it to your mechanic like you said you were going to and have him check the on board comp to see if anything comes up. I wish I would have done that before buying mine. I got a crazy deal on my Roush charged 08 but after a yr I've already put too much money into it bc of things the dealer didn't note.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Too much. I've seen great condition no accident s197 gts with less than 60k miles for less than $11,000. And im in Canada where car prices are higher. I would pass and keep looking. Accident repair never gets the hair back to normal.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Its a risk you will take I mean all used cars have secrets even the dealer may not know. I would have a tech look at it and if nothing serious I would go for it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok guys, just got back from the shop with mixed emotions. The mechanic says the body is in great condition along with the frame he did not see any issues. The car he said was in great condition. The bad news to the story is that water somehow got into the computer on the right side of the engine and shorted it out. The dealer has offered to take it to Ford and pay the 500 to fix the computer issues. Would any of you purchase the vehicle still knowing of these issues?:uhh:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Imho the car still seems like a decent deal. A lot of 2005-07s have the water issue, which is fixable. On my 2005 the smart junction box has been replaced for the exact reaason and the only complaint I have after is that I have daytime running lights now lol so if you don't want those let the dealer know. Best of luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THANK YOU!! that was exactly what the mechanic said was the smart junction box I had no idea what that was but hearing that others have had similar issues I dont feel as if this is some terrible one-off disaster :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah definitely has happened before man don't stress. I believe the fix to prevent water from getting into the SJB involves clearing the proper drainage channels in the area where the hood and windshield meet. There should be threads about it here if you do a search. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The mechanic stated that the rubber grommet that was related to the SJB was not installed correctly causing the water to enter into it. I am thrilled that I will finally be able to get back into a Mustang! I wish I knew how to post a pic of it!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Too much. I've seen great condition no accident s197 gts with less than 60k miles for less than $11,000. And im in Canada where car prices are higher. I would pass and keep looking. Accident repair never gets the hair back to normal.
What

·
Registered
43 Posts
^^Agreed.

All of those prices are unbelievably cheap. Here, cars are priced so much higher. Just around $11,000 for an S197 GT? Outstanding. The only GTs that were/are around that price are 99-04 Mustangs.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts