Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2013 GT, the drivers side is -1.5 while the passenger is -2.6. It’s not lowered and has a new Motorcraft LCA on the passenger side. It drives fine and nothing is bent or loose, ball joint and wheel bearing is tight. What could cause it to have so much being stock?

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
The first thing that I would do, is to go around with a tape measure, and measure the distance between the highest point of each fender well and the ground. Both of the rear fender well measurements should be roughly the same. And both of the front fender well measurements should be roughly the same, as well.
If the measurement between either the front or rear is noticeably different, start looking for a weak spring, or worn out spring isolator, on that particular axle.
The car needs to be sitting relatively level, from side to side, or the camber can be affected.
Also, a worn out strut bushing can cause additional camber to occur.

·
Registered
35 Posts
New LCA on the same side as the bad camber. If an alignment won’t fix it, I’d have a competent shop measure your K-member. Don’t be shocked to find out that it’s bent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts